English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 07 August 2005, 17:30   #1
lostfriend
Zone Friend

Is there need for a screenshot collection?

Hi,
i talked about this some time ago and it just came up while i was looking at all the amiga stuff again.
Many frontends support preview picture of the games but I was absolutly unable to find a collection of shots for amiga games.
So it would be fine to have a source or projekt that has the goal to provide a full set of screens to use with the different frontend /emus/launchers.
The pictures should maybe be named like the tosec/sps standard adf files(including a tool to switch naming convention).
To manage more that one shot per game i would put use folders
Game1/shot1.png
Game1/shot2.png
and than zip the content.

I would be willing to spend some time to organize the ammount of data that is comming trough and a ftp server where the data can be stored during creation wont be to hard to find

the idea is heavily inspired by this site screenshotarchive.com

anyone else who think this would be usefull?

greets

Last edited by lostfriend; 08 August 2005 at 13:53.
Old 07 August 2005, 18:35   #2
FlashFF

Thats a pretty good idea. Having it available online through a web browser would be a pretty cool idea too.

Old 07 August 2005, 20:21   #3
Mr_Modem
Emulator Lord

Nice idea. HOL (http://hol.abime.net/) has a huge amount of screenshots so, the easiest way would be (re)organizing there collection and make a zip archive.
Old 07 August 2005, 21:02   #4
lostfriend
Zone Friend

definetly, i asked them a year ago, but they wherent sure how to handle the request in i got very busy the last year, so i laid that on ice.
The other way is to give people access to a structure with folders for every game to upload there shots.
@FlashFF
Sure the Goal is to provide the full sets to anyone in any ways

Last edited by lostfriend; 07 August 2005 at 21:12.
Old 08 August 2005, 03:50   #5
BippyM
Global Moderator

It'd be good if the frontend could connect to the web for the images needed.. That way you won't need a huge screenshot pack if you only have a handful games!
Old 08 August 2005, 13:14   #6
onkelarie

An online project which caters the request a bit is www.lemonamiga.com . This website offers reviews with screenshots of the good ol´ amiga games, and has quite a fanbase. It´s getting better and better IMHO. As HOL documents the publishing and technical facts, Lemonamiga offers descriptions of the game. Another great thing of Lemonamiga is that it contains HOL links attached to lots of games so you can get the most out of it.

I´d welcome an offline database as well... But it would be a monstrous project I guess, gathering all the screenshots and getting all the game data together, let alone making a handy distro.
Old 08 August 2005, 13:47   #7
lostfriend
Zone Friend

lets cut the database part, the main goal is to give people easy and fast access to the shots so that they can use them, its really hard to collect the shots from sites like hol.
I wrote some scripts this morning that dynamically generates website with my actuall collection, alphabetically sorted and with preview thumbnails.
I will put it online the next days when i fixed some bugs.