English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 23 August 2024, 10:11   #61
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
I would think if you have a machine with 5-ports (including the mouse) and you bundle in a 4-player game.

To answer this once and for all. It does work fine on skidmarks. 2x DB9 Joypads / sticks, 2x USB Joypads and Keyboard. Apparently, skidmarks allows users to share keyboard, so you can have even more players.
Old 23 August 2024, 14:37   #62
d4rk3lf

That's great to hear!

Once I have my hands on my A600GS, I'll try Dyna Blaster and Master Blaster.
That is so much fun to play.. especially 4 players mode.
Old 23 August 2024, 19:18   #63
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
To answer this once and for all. It does work fine on skidmarks. 2x DB9 Joypads / sticks, 2x USB Joypads and Keyboard. Apparently, skidmarks allows users to share keyboard, so you can have even more players.
Thanks for testing. That is great news!

...just make sure that we can use an USB RGL THEC64 Joystick as one of the options and I'm happy to help demo this at the next Amiga User Group show I attend!
Old 23 August 2024, 19:25   #64
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
That's great to hear!

Once I have my hands on my A600GS, I'll try Dyna Blaster and Master Blaster.
That is so much fun to play.. especially 4 players mode.
If the keyboard works seamlessly for 5 players on Dynablaster then the A600GS has one up on THEA500 Mini as I was getting some lockup on keyboard play when the joypads were in use! It could have been a RGL Controller power draw issue but it was quite odd and made Player 3 (the keyboard) unusable. I'll talk to the Pandory guys!

Please try it on your new A600GS!
Old 25 August 2024, 16:43   #65
Scorpio48k

I've had my a600gs since the zzap show and I'm enjoying playing certain adf files, but I also seem to be having major problems installing certain files and I've had no luck at all using whdload or HDF files...same with cd32 Iso

Am I missing something obvious with hard drive images ...I keep seeing references to jst but have no idea if this just runs in the background or if I need to actually do something

I am a bit of a novice on the Amiga, but love the games...
Old 26 August 2024, 04:13   #66
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio48k View Post
I
Am I missing something obvious with hard drive images ...I keep seeing references to jst but have no idea if this just runs in the background or if I need to actually do something

I am a bit of a novice on the Amiga, but love the games...
I know that JST is preinstalled and runs your WHDLoad slaves instead of actual WHDLoad. It's compatible.
Old 26 August 2024, 17:07   #67
Scorpio48k

I have tried numerous hard drive files and I don't think one of them has worked

Had a bit of success with adf files, but the 20 versions of arcade pool I've tried have just crashed...music plays, but a grey screen.

I already have an a1200 with these games installed via whdload, but the a600gs seems to be rejecting an awful lot of files.

I have stepped away from it for a bit as it's proving too frustrating...

I am currently using the add button from the main screen, but would I have better luck using amibench in some way?
Old 27 August 2024, 12:33   #68
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
I have tried numerous hard drive files and I don't think one of them has worked

Had a bit of success with adf files, but the 20 versions of arcade pool I've tried have just crashed...music plays, but a grey screen.

I already have an a1200 with these games installed via whdload, but the a600gs seems to be rejecting an awful lot of files.

I have stepped away from it for a bit as it's proving too frustrating...

I am currently using the add button from the main screen, but would I have better luck using amibench in some way?

Have you imported any roms? like A500 kickstart 1.3 and A1200 kickstart 3.1. As some WHDBoot archives may need Commodore roms.
Ones I tested, worked fine with JST and set to A600GS.

Same with adf's, they may just not work with AROS Roms. Not much can be done about that. If you have imported roms. In add/edit menu set to A500 or A1200 for either kick1.3 or kick3.1.
Old 27 August 2024, 15:28   #69
Scorpio48k

Quote:
Have you imported any roms? like A500 kickstart 1.3 and A1200 kickstart 3.1. As some WHDBoot archives may need Commodore roms.

Same with adf's, they may just not work with AROS Roms. Not much can be done about that. If you have imported roms. In add/edit menu set to A500 or A1200 for either kick1.3 or kick3.1.
Oh my god, why is there no mention of this anywhere. I'm such a noob.

Will do this tonight. Do they get copied into the kickstart folder via dopus?
Old 27 August 2024, 16:47   #70
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Oh my god, why is there no mention of this anywhere. I'm such a noob.

Will do this tonight. Do they get copied into the kickstart folder via dopus?

No, its in the main menu, as stated in the manual which explains importing kickstarts.

On aside note, this is not a support thread, . Official support threads are over on amiga.org.
Old 27 August 2024, 17:39   #71
Scorpio48k

Sorry. Will not post any other issues, but I will thank you for helping ??
Old 27 August 2024, 17:45   #72
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
but I will thank you for helping ??

No problem.
Old 27 August 2024, 18:00   #73
Scorpio48k

It works !!!! I really must start reading manuals...

Thank you
Old 27 August 2024, 18:31   #74
d4rk3lf

Quote:
On aside note, this is not a support thread, . Official support threads are over on amiga.org.
But, this is an official support page on this forum and site, where you and Amiga.kit answer people questions, right?
Of course, for anything more in-deep, the official forum would be the best place.

Quote:
Just curious, do you think it would be hard to make some wizzard type of installation of games, for A600gS users that never owned Amiga, or users that owned Amiga so long a go, that they forgot pretty much everything about how system works (I was there 5-6 years a go (and still there to some extend )?

Something like.. you click on button "install a new Game".. then.. insert Amiga appropriate Rom file (with disclaimer that you can once add your roms, and you will never been asked that again)... insert ADF... done.
Old Yesterday, 00:48   #75
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
But, this is an official support page on this forum and site, where you and Amiga.kit answer people questions, right?
Of course, for anything more in-deep, the official forum would be the best place.

Just curious, do you think it would be hard to make some wizzard type of installation of games, for A600gS users that never owned Amiga, or users that owned Amiga so long a go, that they forgot pretty much everything about how system works (I was there 5-6 years a go (and still there to some extend )?

Something like.. you click on button "install a new Game".. then.. insert Amiga appropriate Rom file (with disclaimer that you can once add your roms, and you will never been asked that again)... insert ADF... done.

This is where the problem comes in. No offence, but why should I spend all my free time, going round lots of different sites, facebook, social media, etc etc. answering everything. I do have a life, (killing lots of bugs on StarShip Troopers). This is what people don't understand, they finish work and thats it for the night, apparently we are not allowed the same luxury, . Lukily I mainly visit here and amiga.org.

I guess you missed my last post, importing roms, games etc are in the manual.

I'm currently in the process of setting up my new capture card to do some video tutorials. Which will feature lots of words like, "click this and then click that" in a Cardiff welshy accent, . I just finished rewriting fresh firmware to my prototype GS to make videos from scratch.
Old Today, 08:47   #76
d4rk3lf

Quote:
This is where the problem comes in. No offence, but why should I spend all my free time, going round lots of different sites, facebook, social media, etc etc. answering everything. I do have a life, (killing lots of bugs on StarShip Troopers). This is what people don't understand, they finish work and thats it for the night, apparently we are not allowed the same luxury, . Lukily I mainly visit here and amiga.org.
Of course you have life.
What I mean is, the more threads you have on popular forums, the more potential buyers will there be for A600GS.
And of course you don't need to follow each thread, and whoever asks question on threads and forums on non official site, is having a risk not being answered.

Personally, if I would encounter some issue with mine A600GS, I would first look here on this thread, because I visit this forum pretty much every day. And only if I don't find solution, I would ask for help on official forums.

Cheers.
Old Today, 09:43   #77
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Of course you have life.
And of course you don't need to follow each thread, and whoever asks question on threads and forums on non official site, is having a risk not being answered.

You would think that, but apparently, we should have our friends / family members answering customers emails, site posts, social media etc etc. I dont know about others families, but mine have jobs also. Plus they know nothing about the Amiga (apart from turning it on and inserting robocod).

Hence, having to many places where people expect replies is a problem.