English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old Today, 05:29   #1
Rodimus

I've got a pile of classic amigas coming my way.....

So - here's the story behind this first:

One of my best friends from High School/College passed away a few years ago, and his wife and I have been best friends for a long time as well. She finally got around to cleaning out the attic of the house a couple weeks ago and invited me down to see what was there and salvageable. Anything that could be salvaged and sold to give some money to the kids for college or whatever was up for grabs. As it turned out, he had been very busy in some of the years between college and his death. I had *NO* idea his Amiga collection far exceeded mine. I am headed back again this week to see what else is up in the attic, but so far there have been hundreds of pieces of software, manuals, etc. I've gotten my hands on an A500, THREE A1000's, an A2000, and an A2500HD. The A500 is already spoken for, and I'm going to keep one of the A1000's because I sold mine long ago...

But that means there are going to be two A1000's and probably 2 or 3 A2x00's up for sale... I may sell one of mine, if there are people really interested in them. This is one of those once in a lifetime situations where things fall in your lap. There were other things that another friend of mine already snatched (two Atari 800XL's for example), and there may be even more up there. We just don't know yet.

All this being said, if someone has some interest in the A1000's or the A2000s, drop me a note. I'll be back in about a week and a half, and I can get them unboxed and checked out for functionality and such. I am not sure I even have the right cables or monitor to hook up for the A1000's anymore, but I do have a spare RGB2HDMI for the A2000, so I know I can test those and get them viewable. Also, if the batteries are burst or anything, I'm going to get Chris Edwards to fix them up...

Please remember, proceeds go to a good cause for these kids... This is part of what little inheritance he was able to leave (f**k cancer)...

If people want them 'as is', that's an option, or I can also fix them up with a pistorm and rgb2hdmi setup.... At the moment, I haven't cracked any of them open.. so I guess we'll see how it goes.

I just wanted to drop a note here and say 'coming soon' and see if anyone was seriously interested. You guys first before I'd risk an E-Bay listing.
Old Today, 06:06   #2
cloverskull

I’m at worst curious at best interested in one of the A1000s!
Old Today, 12:51   #3
hitchhikr

I could be interested by the other A1000 (are those NTSC or PAL ?)
Old Today, 15:25   #4
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I'd be interested depending where in the world you were