English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 23 August 2024, 17:18   #1
Landamario

Amiga 1200 plus external Gotek Drive V 3.42

Hi Guys,

i purchased an Amiga 1200 with an integrated HD for my son. The Amiga is in a very good condition so i did not want to rip out the original drive.

I bought an external Gotek Drive with the newest FlashFloppy Version plus a connector cable for the external drive port at the back of the Amiga(both from Sordan).

And then the fun began..... the drive was not recognized no matter which jumper setting i tried S0, S1....i also tried "forcing" it into amiga mode with setting the amiga mode inside of the FF.CFG file....no luck.

I saw a video where a guy mentioned that i helps to boot and then just do an amiga reset...and...that worked.

Now an icon showed up for Flash Floppy, i assigned several ADF Files to several slots and saved with F10. When i select the ADF Files while using the rotator an disc icon shows up on the workbench screen BUT when i double click it, the folder opens and its empty.....this is the case for all ADF Files i tried.

So i see an Disc Icon related to the selected image but there is no way to start it....

I would really appreciate any help.

Cheers
Landamario