English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 20 July 2024, 13:25   #1
@Arcade_Adriano

The Making of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Noah Falstein Interview

The Making of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Noah Falstein Interview (LucasArts)

Any love for Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis? Where does it rank for you in the best adventure titles? Learn how this LucasArts masterpiece was created with this fun interview with Noah Falstein:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 August 2024, 10:25   #2
Twiggy
\m/

Ah amazing find. Looking forward to watching this. This and MI2 are my favourites. Probably not the most 'out there' opinion!
Old 19 August 2024, 18:04   #3
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Arcade_Adriano View Post
Any love for Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis? Where does it rank for you in the best adventure titles?
Stylistically and story-wise at the tippety top. That game really was like an Indiana Jones expanded universe title. As is the new Machine Games title I think, it looks more like an Indiana Jones movie than the last two Indiana Jones movies did. Also a cute idea that the game has three different paths through it, adds some replay value to it.

But when it comes to puzzle design, Monkey Island 1, 2 and 3 will always be the winner for me.
Old Yesterday, 09:40   #4
Olaf Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
Ah amazing find. Looking forward to watching this. This and MI2 are my favourites. Probably not the most 'out there' opinion!
While at university, we played "The secret of Monkey Island" (while it was new) as often as we found the time. We completed the game within 2-3 months. But "Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's revenge" was the almost total opposite in charm, humour, character and puzzle design. We really struggled and it took us more than 4 months to get past the spitting contest puzzle alone. That kind of puzzle, and there were more of its kind to follow, would have never made the cut for the first game
Old Yesterday, 09:41   #5
Olaf Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Arcade_Adriano View Post
The Making of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Noah Falstein Interview (LucasArts)

Any love for Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis? Where does it rank for you in the best adventure titles? Learn how this LucasArts masterpiece was created with this fun interview with Noah Falstein
You might find this article interesting, too: https://www.filfre.net/2018/09/india...in-shall-meet/
Old Yesterday, 11:31   #6
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Nice interview.
Old Yesterday, 20:06   #7
Octopus66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Barthel View Post
While at university, we played "The secret of Monkey Island" (while it was new) as often as we found the time. We completed the game within 2-3 months. But "Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's revenge" was the almost total opposite in charm, humour, character and puzzle design. We really struggled and it took us more than 4 months to get past the spitting contest puzzle alone. That kind of puzzle, and there were more of its kind to follow, would have never made the cut for the first game
Playing the games recently I am shocked looking back at how the two games were both considered so highly. The first game is brilliant, second one less so.
Old Yesterday, 22:02   #8
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Jesus do we have to do this? Alright then, I'll bite.

"Gee Octopus66, I am fascinated by that. Could you please elaborate why you think Monkey Island 2 is less brilliant than Monkey Island 1? Even though it is literally the same game but bigger?"
Old Today, 05:21   #9
dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Even though it is literally the same game but bigger?
I've finished MI recently and now slowly replaying MI2 and that's my impression as well. I get that maybe somebody can consider the first one slightly better, but I don't really see a drastic jump in loss of quality in the sequel as it was implied.

The first Indy's boxing minigame though, by gods, that is extremely frustrating. I'm still stuck on it ><