English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 04 December 2023, 18:18   #1
StoneOakvalley

Wanted: HDD / SD Solution for Amiga 500

I'm looking for anybody which can offer any of the following hardware:

1: Old-school HDD (IDE) for Side Expansion Slot. SCSI under consideration.
2: New-school HDD (IDE or SD) for Side Expansion Slot.
3: "Amiga 500 / 500+ External IDE Interface 40pin" for Side Expansion Slot from gotek-retro.eu website (I live in Norway, so forbidden to order on that page, grrrr)
4: Something that can be plugged into my Zorro II mini card I have from IVS (Interactive Video Systems) - Grand Slam 500 from before. I believe the card works, but not sure.

I'm not interested in hearing about PiStorm, Trapdoor expansions, Terrible Fire and the likes. I don't need accelerator support, but additional memory expansion together with the interface device is welcomed.

Reason is that I have 5 x Amiga 500's (1.2, 1.3, 2.04) so I need a way to quickly detach and attach to other machines without any acrobatics other than removing the side expansion hatch and slide it in there like it's still 1989!

If anybody have item 3 (most preferred), I want 2 x of them, but remember I'm in Norway (not EU member).
I can pay with PayPal and will pay for shipping naturally.

Anybody can grant me this and let me have a grand slam Christmas package for myself this year :-)

Last edited by StoneOakvalley; 04 December 2023 at 18:21. Reason: Forgot to add alternative Zorro II mention
Old 04 December 2023, 18:24   #2
derSammler

2: ACA500Plus by Individual Computers

Much better than relying on old stuff, especially SCSI.
Old 04 December 2023, 19:27   #3
Pyromania

Vampire Firebird maybe?
Old 04 December 2023, 20:17   #4
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOakvalley View Post

1: Old-school HDD (IDE) for Side Expansion Slot. SCSI under consideration.
2: New-school HDD (IDE or SD) for Side Expansion Slot.
3: "Amiga 500 / 500+ External IDE Interface 40pin" for Side Expansion Slot from gotek-retro.eu website (I live in Norway, so forbidden to order on that page, grrrr)
4: Something that can be plugged into my Zorro II mini card I have from IVS (Interactive Video Systems) - Grand Slam 500 from before. I believe the card works, but not sure.

I'm not interested in hearing about PiStorm, Trapdoor expansions, Terrible Fire and the likes. I don't need accelerator support, but additional memory expansion together with the interface device is welcomed.

Reason is that I have 5 x Amiga 500's (1.2, 1.3, 2.04) so I need a way to quickly detach and attach to other machines without any acrobatics other than removing the side expansion hatch and slide it in there like it's still 1989!

If anybody have item 3 (most preferred), I want 2 x of them, but remember I'm in Norway (not EU member).

Anybody can grant me this and let me have a grand slam Christmas package for myself this year :-)
If you're after Option 3, can you confirm it's called "Amiga 500 / 500+ External IDE Interface 40pin"?

35 Euro gets you Amiga 500 / 500+ External IDE Interface 40pin with a beige housing in Amiga 500 look.

or

55 Euro gets you Amiga 500 / 500+ External IDE Interface 40pin Kit, with direct-attached IDE-2-CF adapter and pre-installed 256MB CF card

See PM.

Last edited by Kin Hell; 05 December 2023 at 18:00.
Old 05 December 2023, 00:22   #5
StoneOakvalley

In fact the option 3 is the most preferred one as its not that expensive, and only offer IDE connectivity. Yes, it does not autoboot and has no memory or accellerator, but for a quick way to get access to external ide on WB1.3 this will be sufficient for now.

If I were to add memory, I would rather prefer old-school tech than new-school tech, so both the ACA500 (adds a lot of cool stuff I dont really need), and the Vampire Firebird seems a bit over the top :-)

Here's the gotek I was referring to:
https://www.gotek-retro.eu/amiga-500...xternal-40pin/
Old Today, 02:54   #6
Gotek-Retro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOakvalley View Post

If you had just send me an email

I do Europe , since the customsregulations are at least more relaxed then overseas.

So next time just send me an email, i'm not the worst guy in the world

regards Ed