English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old Yesterday, 18:03   #1
Amiga600
amigaboing.net Blog

WHDLoad needed for Beavis & Butthead Breaking The Lawn

I reviewed a Game back in 2021 (Beavis & Butthead Breaking The Lawn) which has spaces before the filenames for the level files

Recently during testing, I had found by copying the files over the initial spaces got removed, so it makes the Game unplayable

I have temporarily managed to sort this by archiving the Game and Extracting to RAM: before it fully loads so it will work as intended (but takes a while decompressing the archive before it loads)

Ideally I hope someone here could create a WHDLoad for the Game, and use "Disk.1" to store the Game Disk Data, so it would not need to be unpacked before it runs

I have uploaded the Disk in The Zone

Many Thanks in advance
Old Yesterday, 21:49   #2
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

It seems to work perfectly well with generic WB1.3 slave.
lha in the Zone, make sure you extract it on Amiga side to preserve original file names.
Old Yesterday, 23:02   #3
Amiga600
amigaboing.net Blog

Sorry, I should mention the Games Collection I am slowly building is done in a PC-folder format (ie. not a HDF file, actual files in a folder which are read by the Amiga-side from the PC-folder)

When copying the Games Collection to build the public release I make monthly, it strips out the leading spaces in the filenames, which then causes the Game not to work, and since I cannot add the leading spaces back, it will not work without either being made into a WHDLoad Install (which can keep the filenames intact, as Disk.1 etc or as I have done for now, archived the whole game and then just extract it to RAM: before loading it, which also keeps the filename preservation in the LHA Archive)

Ideally extracting the Game before each load takes a little time, so I am hoping someone can WHDLoad this for me, so the LHA extract process is no longer required, therefore quickening up Game Execution

It will of course work fine from a Floppy Disk or ADF Image as its not PC-side files, the image (ADF/HDF) will of course keep the file formatting as-is and still execute the Game as normal