English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old Yesterday, 14:06   #1
PopoCop

Deuteros hints

Here are my hints for Deuteros.

1. There are two versions of a game - V1 and V2. Version V2 is easier, because you get the first part of the alien apparatus after conquering our Solar System. In version V1 - after conquering the next system.
2. You can't build a base on the Moon because there is already an old base. This base is damaged but can be repaired with Bandaid. After that base becomes functional.
3. Maximum amount of fuel in a spaceship is 250T but sometimes you can refuel 251T. When it happens your spaceship will be taken over by a pirate. To avoid this just refuel less.
Old Yesterday, 14:30   #2
levellord

If I recall correctly, build 7 bases in Sol and stop with expansion. Next base built will provoke Methanoids and they'll declare war, so resource gathering is always my next step at this point. When I have all orbital stores loaded with 50000 of everything, I'll send IOS to Uranus and start trading with them for helium. After few runs, they give you translating tech (or some other tech) and start a war. Start building drones in all orbital bases and expanding. I've noticed a bug (sometimes it will work, sometimes not -- I wish it is consistent, and it might be related to disk or whdload version) where you start building orbital base and stop, Methanoids will stop attacking. This will help with regrouping and strengthening fleet/drones. When you get to the point to move out of Sol (destroying all Methanoid bases in Sol) and explore other systems with FTL tech, you'll get new type of ships and drones, teleporting tech and so. I'd set up all my orbital stores to teleport and equalize goods with next orbital station, creating a chain to ensure all good are spread evenly together. Unfortunately, couldn't finish the game after all these years because of the rogue captain mission. I just don't get how to capture him and it will throw me away as it have nothing to do with the strategy. I have saved the game at this point with hope to continue playing one day and resolve this silly quest and finish the game for which I regard as the best game for Amiga alongside with Warhead and Millennium.

Below is the link to YT explaining how to capture the rogue, followed it, however it didn't play the same way for me, or I messed up the steps at some point.

[ Show youtube player ]

Cheers!

Last edited by levellord; Yesterday at 14:32. Reason: Correction
Old Yesterday, 14:32   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopoCop View Post
Here are my hints for Deuteros.
Thank you I've added the hints to the HOL entry.
Old Yesterday, 19:16   #4
DisasterIncarna

Tip 1:
first time i played it i got as far as taking over 2 other solar systems and didnt know the matter transporter exists, my cousin had managed to find the matter transporter not far into his first game in the starter/sol system, so i felt a complete moron as id been transporting materials the hard way with storage pods.

When you attack a Methanoid orbital station and destroy all their orbital drones you can dock with their station, they initiate a self destruct which you will hear as an everr increasing warbling sound, you can click into their self destruct and there are 2 switches you can toggle, toggle in the wrong order (like i did and assumed it was bait/you cant capture) and nothing happens, toggle in the correct order and you disable self destruct, you capture the Methanoids on the station and if you go to material storage and click it again it will cycle between storage and matter transmitter, time advance and you will then get a message from your head of research and can make your own allowing you to transport materials base to base.

This means you can slowly "beam" materials to other orbital stations unlike myself who missed all that on my first playthrough where i had managed to progress.....the hard, slow, dumb way.

Tip2:
Save, Save often, when the Methanoids attack your orbital stations they always attack the same target so if you have IOS Drones at the wrong location you wont have enough time to send them as backup so make sure they are in the right location before an attack, if you lose a station simply reload and send your IOS craft to that location before they attack, they will attack the same target, its not random.

Tip3:
When you have a bunch of essential orbital stations, to fill out the rest you can build them as usual but you can let the Methanoids take them over, doing so means the Methanoids will build and install a matter transporter for you saving you materials (cant remember if they also install an AOC for production), so let them take it, send over the troops, capture the station then transport/beam materials over so you dont have to send a ship with starter materials to build stuff saving you some time/effort.

Tip4:
IOS/SCG Drones when fully stocked in a ship have a power number/rank, this changes depending on the rank of your ship pilot, always train your pilot(s) and their crew asap, having them do shuttle runs helps them rank up quickly to admiral, once you get Star Class Galleons and an admiral pilots/jumps to a distant star system they gain the last/best rank, it will be slow at the start but try to gain the best rank for all your drone ships.
Old Yesterday, 19:21   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thank you for the additional tips. I hope you will understand that I won't include each one of the them on HOL (especially if they are longer). I might move some of the posts to support.Games if more people contribute.
Old Yesterday, 21:38   #6
DisasterIncarna

add them once someone smart rewrites them so they arent a messy word sandwich.