English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old Today, 14:06   #1
PopoCop

Deuteros hints

Here are my hints for Deuteros.

1. There are two versions of a game - V1 and V2. Version V2 is easier, because you get the first part of the alien apparatus after conquering our Solar System. In version V1 - after conquering the next system.
2. You can't build a base on the Moon because there is already an old base. This base is damaged but can be repaired with Bandaid. After that base becomes functional.
3. Maximum amount of fuel in a spaceship is 250T but sometimes you can refuel 251T. When it happens your spaceship will be taken over by a pirate. To avoid this just refuel less.
Old Today, 14:30   #2
levellord

If I recall correctly, build 7 bases in Sol and stop with expansion. Next base built will provoke Methanoids and they'll declare war, so resource gathering is always my next step at this point. When I have all orbital stores loaded with 50000 of everything, I'll send IOS to Uranus and start trading with them for helium. After few runs, they give you translating tech (or some other tech) and start a war. Start building drones in all orbital bases and expanding. I've noticed a bug (sometimes it will work, sometimes not -- I wish it is consistent, and it might be related to disk or whdload version) where you start building orbital base and stop, Methanoids will stop attacking. This will help with regrouping and strengthening fleet/drones. When you get to the point to move out of Sol (destroying all Methanoid bases in Sol) and explore other systems with FTL tech, you'll get new type of ships and drones, teleporting tech and so. I'd set up all my orbital stores to teleport and equalize goods with next orbital station, creating a chain to ensure all good are spread evenly together. Unfortunately, couldn't finish the game after all these years because of the rogue captain mission. I just don't get how to capture him and it will throw me away as it have nothing to do with the strategy. I have saved the game at this point with hope to continue playing one day and resolve this silly quest and finish the game for which I regard as the best game for Amiga alongside with Warhead and Millennium.

Below is the link to YT explaining how to capture the rogue, followed it, however it didn't play the same way for me, or I messed up the steps at some point.

[ Show youtube player ]

Cheers!

Last edited by levellord; Today at 14:32. Reason: Correction
Old Today, 14:32   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopoCop View Post
Here are my hints for Deuteros.
Thank you I've added the hints to the HOL entry.