English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old Today, 14:19   #141
Karlos
Alien Bleed

All good reasons
Old Today, 18:35   #142
DisasterIncarna

these days there is very little Wine/Proton cannot handle, games wise its mostly the ones using kernel level access to do whatever the hell they like and anything tied heavily to microsoft .NET framework and the likes that fail, pretty much everything else works, Wine/Proton even handle very old stuff modern windows often doesnt run properly itself.

Erased my last Windoze PC a good 3-4 years ago, had no issues, what i cant run which isnt much i just look for alternatives or in the case of games i just play other stuff, we are spoiled for choice these days, i still use my main Kubuntu PC for web related stuff and watching media on Jellyfin but i find i'm using my Steam Deck more and more, both in handheld mode and docked to my TV, there is almost nothing i cant run on it, i was even happily playing Fury3, Ascendancy and various other old/very old titles.

I cant think of anything "essential" i cant run on Linux/Kubuntu/SteamOS, my amiga emulation is also perfectly fine on those linux devices as well as emulating a crapton more devices.