English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old Yesterday, 11:24   #81
Seiya

i have already the game in directory format. i hope you release single patches to have final version without downloading hdf.
Old Yesterday, 15:45   #82
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Update3C - Feeback

**Used WinUAE in both A3000 & A1200 mode With Cycle Exact Enabled**

1... Can the Pointer Change in realtime in the Quick Menu to see what type of pointer you are selecting?
This is something I almost did a few times in the past, and even considered it yesterday. The thing is, this will also change your normal Workbench pointer to that new pointer, I think. I'll have to do some experiments with this, but that is the reason.

Quote:
1a.. When Selecting a different Pointer, You must Click "Continue" for new pointer to work.. If you Click Start Crysis new pointer wont work...
Thanks, I'll definitely look in to this.

Quote:
1b.. Possible fix - have one Icon to start "Start Crysis" I don't see a need for "Continue"
That would mean people are forced to go through the full sequence in order to play the game. This has been on my mind from the start, to simply boot in to the full menu and force players to see the whole thing. But I dont want to force players to sit through the long intro, as after the first time, it is too long and boring when some players just want to jump in to the shooting action, like yourself.

Quote:
2... Can you Quit Back to OS from game to be able to change options again? We all need a Quit Key when we've had anough of Amiga Crysis
I forgot about an abort to WB/DOS key. I'll see if I can rig up the Escape key so that it aborts to WB/DOS.

Quote:
3... Stuck when entering the vehicle. No clicks would activate the video. (Played with and without skipping cutscenes - same result) - Tried both your HDF and my own same result
For some reason, the game seems to not like me using a big hit box on that screen. So I set it up in the heart shaped symbol, above where it says Enter Vehicle. If you click in that square it should work. Strange that you had no issues until now without knowing that, but maybe I can skip the hit box idea on that screen, and just have the trigger for the cut scene on the mouse button instead. That would certainly solve it.

Quote:
3a.. Birds in this screen can be shot and freeze in air as well...
Yes the birds can also be shot on the game over screen. It was tricky to abort the bird timer on this screen if the bird timer was already in use, unless I killed the bird off on the previous screen, like I do at the point of death of the player. So in the end I left those birds on there. The freezing of the timer is strange, and perhaps is a bug if you shoot them?? I've never done it. Maybe I should somehow kill the birds so they dont appear here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya View Post
i have already the game in directory format. i hope you release single patches to have final version without downloading hdf.
There are so many unused files, deleted files, and over-written updated files, that it would be too difficult to release an update. There aren't too many people interested in this thread to have downloaded the beta, and so it would be much easier if players can delete the beta from their hard drive (or at least, put this to one side) and simply copy in the new archive instead. This means you dont need to install or compare any files, just unpack and that's it. The files on the beta are out of date anyway, so may as well just delete the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 15:48   #83
ransom1122

Getting in the vehicle le never caused a problem... since today's update... anywhere I clicked would not allow me to enter..

And believe me I clicked everywhere
Old Yesterday, 19:44   #84
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Getting in the vehicle le never caused a problem... since today's update... anywhere I clicked would not allow me to enter..

And believe me I clicked everywhere
Don't worry, I believe you.

Here is the next build of the EXEs. Hopefully your issues will all be fixed.
  • Player can now press fire anywhere on the jeep screen to enter the vehicle.
  • Birds now disabled on the jeep door screen
  • Next Enemy Waiting Time is now listed in the debug menu
  • The Game and Full Menu now quit with the Escape Key
  • Error message traps added to stop further errors and crashes.
  • Quick Menu can now toggle though the mouse pointers (they are cleared when you quit to workbench)
  • Full menu now starts your pointer when choosing the difficulty modes, and when returning back to the menu from the game.
  • Choosing Full menu from Quick Menu and then running the game now preserves the pointer.
  • Full menu version updated

Hopefully it means you can now test out the final boss.

Last edited by lifeschool; Yesterday at 22:23.
Old Yesterday, 20:37   #85
Seiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
This means you dont need to install or compare any files, just unpack and that's it. The files on the beta are out of date anyway, so may as well just delete the whole thing.
ok, i will wait the hdf
Old Yesterday, 22:24   #86
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Oops, sorry Ransom,

I forgot to switch the game back to level 1 instead of level 10.

This one is now working fully.

There are still some requesters if the cut scenes are skipped within 2 seconds it seems, but I clicked on Cancel, and the game just worked as normal.
Attached Files
File Type: zip V0.9fb.zip (36.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by lifeschool; Yesterday at 22:31.
Old Today, 03:03   #87
ransom1122

V0.9fb - Feedback

All you're fixes from yesterday worked perfectly.

I was able to finish the game twice on normal mode with and without skipping cutscenes and never got any errors or issues.

Upon finishing the game I went on to Hard Mode, but found out...

1. All enemies from Room 6 / Guys 2 Kill you as soon as they appear on the screen..

... The enemy countdowns work
... Cheat Mode doesn't work for these enemies
... You can throw a bomb with 4 seconds on enemy timer it will kill them, but next enemy (Room 6 / Guys 1) has the same no timer issue and onwards