English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old Yesterday, 20:16   #21
Trigger58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
If you use HD installed games you can then forget about using floppy disks and Relokick etc

Like i wrote in the pm, this is no option for me.
Old Yesterday, 20:18   #22
Trigger58

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I am discussing the problem with Mike Innes, the developer of Capitoline. He seems confident it is possible. He's not done it but it is on his list so why not now?

that sounds great

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
The OP has found a small number of games for which there are either no HD installers OR they don't have a trainer / cheat.

Exact
Old Yesterday, 20:36   #23
Trigger58

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I'm trying to understand thread.
As OP asked about kickstart rom switcher and was given an answer about roms, which didn't make sense.

In regards to OP's question. Wouldn't standard rom switcher work.
As I have done this before on A1200 (using 2 rom switchers, 1 in each socket).
I split 1.3 with scsi support in to Hi and Lo, burnt roms and then tested.
Hi and Lo A1200 3.1 in first socket of each switcher and Hi and Lo of patched 1.3 in second socket. Worked fine and booted.

Obviously, CD32 only has one socket, so it should work with original rom and a burnt A500 patched 1.3 rom?
Plus our new tripple rom switcher can support 42 pin chips.

my english isn't really good but i try to explain.

for better understanding:

(google translator)

My main concern is to get various games that either don't have an installer or have one but then don't have a trainer function, such as Amnios, to run on the CD32.

Amnios, for example, has a really good trainer. The game is really hard and I can't beat it without it. But I still want to play it. The whdload version comes completely without a trainer. That's why this version isn't interesting for me. Unfortunately, the game only works under Kickrom 1.3 and no CPU caches can be activated.

All programs that I've tested to start the disk contents via a RAD or with another Kickrom have failed. I can load a Kick1.3, but I can't deactivate the CPU caches because the early boot menu is missing. I can't load a RAD in advance either, because Kick1.3 doesn't recognize a RAD and it will inevitably be deleted again.

Programs like Degrader, Tude or BootCache don't help. either they only work from kick2.0 onwards or the code doesn't work correctly.

only relokick1.4a works. but I can't just change the rom. the rom on the diskette is coded to match the rest. but I need a kick1.3 patched with scsi.device so that I can access the hard drive again after loading the rom. I could then load the associated data using a version query in the startup sequence. but that doesn't work because none of the available programs know a patched kick1.3 and thus correct loading is not possible.

therefore my only remaining option is a kickrom switch, with which I can boot a burned kick1.3 with scsi.device and ideally also with the ramdrive.device. the cdrom will probably no longer work then but I wouldn't care at all. I could simply switch back to the original ROM and the CD32 would be back to its original state.
Old Yesterday, 23:58   #24
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Its been a while but iirc Mikeywikey created new RTB files https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php...ighlight=Skick

And someone said use the FORCE parameter but it will GURU first.

But i never got Kick1.3 with SCSI to work.

You can create a mountlist to access the HD on Kick1.3 etc but then you need a boot disk etc.