English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old Today, 04:32   #1
Findy

WinUAE compatible Amiga OS versions on PC Hardware

Hi there,

I have 4 unused A500s which are sitting in my basement. I don't plan on touching them any longer but do want to use the WinUAE software on my PC to emulate the Amiga machine.

I have been reviewing many videos on Youtube explaining how to setup WinUAE on a PC and haven't been able to get some key ingredients properly setup. I am trying to get screen modes setup with Picasso 96 drivers and they are NOT showing when following directions being explained in MikeyGRetro video. I am going to revisit Picasso 96 and see if I can get it working.

I have configured my "G" drive to be a devoted repository for anything related to my Amiga configuration.

I would like to do the following which I think can be accomplished;Configure the fastest processor (Motorola 68060?).
Devote HDD space to hold the Amiga OS, additional Amiga software and have ample storage capacity. I currently have assigned 100 Megabytes but can easily make this larger.

My PC consists of an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X processor.
16 Gigs of memory
Nvidia GeForce 2070
MSI MAG274QRF-QD monitor (2560 X 1440 @ 165HZ)

My question. Because I have a Windows 11 machine with the above specs, what is the newest version of Amiga OS that can run from WinUAE? Are there any minimum requirements for storage space to have the OS and programs installed?