English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 30 July 2024, 13:26   #1881
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boemann View Post
We've recently added another great new feature to AmigaGuide in 3.3 and while doing that we saw that there is actually unfinished code to do searching. How close to working it is we don't know yet. We also don't know if it spans all nodes (what you call pages).

I'm not promising we will implement search, but it does feel like something that would fit well into the rest of 3.3
I fear I spoke too soon about there being search code in there. A search feature if we embark on it would have to be written from scratch.
Old Yesterday, 14:06   #1882
kamelito
Zone Friend

I guess user can wait and use that instead.
http://aminet.net/package/text/hyper/AddSearchGuide
Old Yesterday, 15:53   #1883
Firestone

CycleToMenu built in? As far as I remember, this is only implemented in ReAction...?
Old Today, 18:16   #1884
salteadorneo

Since Amigaos 3.1.4, the trakdisk.device does not work correctly with certain modified sony pc drives. I have found problems with boards version LML-F31 onwards. At first everything seems to work normally, but when doing any read write operation on high tracks, it gives the read write error and corrupts the floppy disk. This problem is not present in Amigaos 3.1. I have also verified this problem to occur on a 2005 NEC FD121H unit.
I understand that you are not going to check all the PC drives modified for Amiga, but I would like to know what the differences are between the versions of the trackdisc and what timing problem can cause this failure with these floppy drives and if it is it is possible to solve it.

The problem is reported here:
https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=36521&page=4
Old Today, 20:28   #1885
Estrayk

I would like to make a request.
I know there are dozens of utilities that do it but, would it be possible to have in the future wb3.3 something in the preferences to make the border black?
but make it legal and system friendly, because there are some utilities that I think are more of a hack.

thx
Old Today, 20:48   #1886
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrayk View Post
I would like to make a request.
I know there are dozens of utilities that do it but, would it be possible to have in the future wb3.3 something in the preferences to make the border black?
but make it legal and system friendly, because there are some utilities that I think are more of a hack.
This does not need to be a hack. The VideoControl() funtion of graphics allows you to blank the border in a system friendly way. If utilities use this function, there is no problem.