English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old Yesterday, 14:16   #21
patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Q: Where does plipbox.config go on the finished installed HDD, and how do I perform the plipbox0 step on the nonexistant nbddriver?
The nbddriver seems to be an ENV variable on the "Network Boot Disk for Amiga" disk cnvogelg is referring to. Is this what you are using?

I also have a similar experience with the NOBURST setting being a requirement for the PlipBox to work in most cases. To set it, you can do this in a shell:
Code:
8.Ram Disk:> makedir ENVARC:Sana2 
8.Ram Disk:> echo NOBURST >ENVARC:Sana2/plipbox.config
And then reboot and the startup-sequence executed at boot will automatically make sure it is copied from ENVARC: (ENV Archive) to ENV:.

Another option is to edit the file with a text editor of course.
Old Today, 16:17   #22
Sir_Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
GitHub instructions say that file is optional, grr. The 2 steps about plipbox0 and Sana2 I couldn't perform because there were no such files or folders. Where should the file go on WB3.1 hdd?

All I ended up doing was add the interface (I had to add UNIT=0 at the end as for the others) and then I could select it in Advanced settings in the Network program.

I'm going to try with the one from the original dev's blog and add NOBURST. And maybe add the right device to the tooltype as well.

Do you have your config file somewhere so I know what's supposed to be in it? The only one I've seen just had 1 line of text in it.

It's sketchy editing files like this. Is there some other floppy image with installer somewhere?

I didn't run the floppy image linked from Github because it will try to change settings for my existing AmiTCP4 and overwrite it with AmiTCP3. I could try it with some copy of existing WinUAE hdd directory to see what it does.

But OK, NOBURST is a lead.

Q: Where does plipbox.config go on the finished installed HDD, and how do I perform the plipbox0 step on the nonexistant nbddriver?
Which TCP/IP are you using? Is it AmiTCP? Have you tried Miami, MiamiDX or Roadshow as well?