English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old Today, 09:49   #661
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Beat em ups always felt repetitive though, Final Fight did, Street of Rage did, just for the sheer amount of enemies and button bashing, nothing wrong with that of course, just have to go into this sort of game with the right mindset of what it entails to get through them.

Have to agree with Samo and you.

This game, wanted me to keep playing. Unlike all the others.
Final Fight bored me, I mainly launched Final Fight, just to listen to music, .
Old Today, 13:31   #662
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

@FOL. I wouldn't really compare Final Fight with Streets of Rage, both are beat em ups where you twat lots of enemies sure, but SOR has loads more nuance with it's move set and scoring system (which is really important for getting extra lives).

With Final Fight it's possible to finish the whole game using pretty much the same moves and methods, SOR however is a different animal, you can only really get so far using the standard attacks, performing grabs (which opens up even more moves) and how and when to use your specials opens the game up much more, along with inviting player creativity. I like both games, but for me personally FF doesn't hold a candle to SOR. But yeah If beat em ups aren't your jam then none of these points make any difference.

I`m with you on Final Fight, especially the original Amiga release, the music was the main reason I'd load it up.
Old Today, 14:42   #663
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
@FOL. I wouldn't really compare Final Fight with Streets of Rage, both are beat em ups where you twat lots of enemies sure, but SOR has loads more nuance with it's move set and scoring system (which is really important for getting extra lives).

With Final Fight it's possible to finish the whole game using pretty much the same moves and methods, SOR however is a different animal, you can only really get so far using the standard attacks, performing grabs (which opens up even more moves) and how and when to use your specials opens the game up much more, along with inviting player creativity. I like both games, but for me personally FF doesn't hold a candle to SOR. But yeah If beat em ups aren't your jam then none of these points make any difference.

I`m with you on Final Fight, especially the original Amiga release, the music was the main reason I'd load it up.

Think you quoted wrong person, . Never played streets of rage and wasn't comparing.
Old Today, 14:57   #664
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

@FOL Sorry. My bad.