English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old Yesterday, 00:32   #421
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

It's highly likely that your HDMI video capture card doesn't meet the HDMI spec (or conversely perhaps the A600GS doesn't either?).

What make/model is your capture card? Have you tried every capture option?

Plug the A600GS directly into your PC display to assist diagnosis.

The fact that you're the first to report such issues I'd suggest either your A600GS is faulty or possibly incompatible with your capture card.

[UPDATE: Other users have said that sound is choppy with their display]

FYI this isn't the support channel, if you want active support you have to use https://forum.amiga.org/a600gs

Last edited by alexh; Yesterday at 00:47.
Old Yesterday, 07:19   #422
Pyromania

@AmigaKit

How about a slightly updated Aladdin4D for the next release of the A600GS? I get customers asking what happened to it more often than I expected. Would be nice to see it available again.
Old Yesterday, 10:17   #423
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
It's highly likely that your HDMI video capture card doesn't meet the HDMI spec (or conversely perhaps the A600GS doesn't either?).

What make/model is your capture card? Have you tried every capture option?

Plug the A600GS directly into your PC display to assist diagnosis.

The fact that you're the first to report such issues I'd suggest either your A600GS is faulty or possibly incompatible with your capture card.

[UPDATE: Other users have said that sound is choppy with their display]

FYI this isn't the support channel, if you want active support you have to use https://forum.amiga.org/a600gs

Hmmmm, wonder what the frame rate is. Only time I had stuttering is when it got stuck in a wierd state and FPS fropped to 30 on everything.

As for capture, I bough an el cheapo, as others said it worked fine. On all my devices, sound cuts in and out every second.
Old Yesterday, 23:54   #424
PeterK

I've no A600GS to check that, but please consider that a cheap crappy power supply could also cause a lot of unexpected problems whenever the voltage drops down a bit every millisecond or so while a higher load is required. These cheap power supplies may still work good enough for charging batteries in smartphones, tablets or notebooks, because their batteries will always buffer the voltage level and compensate short drop downs, and charging a battery may also work with a sequence of interrupted smaller energy packages instead of a constant voltage and current loading them continuously.

But if a crappy power supply is connected without a battery or a large capacitor to a circuit board as in the A600GS for getting a constant voltage level then you may have some side effects like noise on the audio output caused by the voltage drop downs every few milliseconds. I don't know whether this really happens, but I would recommend to try out a better power supply. A bad power supply with an unstable voltage could even damage some of the circuits on the board by the time.

Last edited by PeterK; Today at 00:22.
Old Today, 00:32   #425
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Some sort of ground loop?