Yes, Sabreman did.
Old Yesterday, 21:04   #22
abu_the_monkey

as mentioned above.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old Yesterday, 22:59   #23
Karlos
Alien Bleed

Awesome. This was all done in CanDo? Impressive.

You should've done it on Crysis 2. That game was so on the rails linear by comparison to the first one that nobody would even notice.

Last edited by Karlos; Yesterday at 23:15.
Old Today, 00:24   #24
ransom1122

How much time did it take you to make so far?
Old Today, 00:39   #25
lmimmfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Has anyone captured a video of this running yet?
yes, Saberman did

[ Show youtube player ]
Old Today, 15:17   #26
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmimmfn View Post
yes, Saberman did

[ Show youtube player ]
Thanks for checking out my game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Awesome. This was all done in CanDo? Impressive.

You should've done it on Crysis 2. That game was so on the rails linear by comparison to the first one that nobody would even notice.
I only played Far Cry (1,2,3, etc) and Crysis 1. I beat all of those games, and enjoyed Farcry Instincts Predator most on the 360. I really always wanted to port FIP to the Amiga, with wire frame palm trees and all, like Mercenary meets Hunter - a wide open map to explore and have adventures. Instead, my skills with 3D are still developing, and not good enough for that by a long way. I only started programming games very recently with Holiday, which was an obvious candidate for CanDo, even though I desgned it very lazily looking back. I just made a room and copied it 70 times. But then I started to experiment with the software and started to make other tools and things.

If you load the game up with the QuickMenu, select QuickMenu OFF, and load up the menu, you'll see my experiements with Huds and GUIs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
How much time did it take you to make so far?
I made a diary on the itch page. If you count up all the days, and guess a few hours each, its probably a few days of works spread over a month; or since Cammy announced the GameJam2024, which this was for (but now is not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Yes, Sabreman did.
Sabreman seems to have played the first released beta. He didn't show the intro to the game and the menu, or even the ending sequence.

Unfortunately, each time I release a beta, sabreman comes along and records it. He recorded my Holiday game like 5 times or something, with each update, so I don't want to release any more betas until more of the annoying bugs are killed. Basically, the game is almost done, so maybe no more betas.

@all - what do people think of the new screen shake when you fire the gun? I couldn't get the screen to move horizontally, but I pulled the screen down for a second so it looks like recoil. It reveals your Workbench title bar in the background, but I can hide the title bar or blank it, to make this effect look better.
Old Today, 15:28   #27
ransom1122

Is the games video made from your actual gameplay footage and converted to amiga format?

If so technically you can recreate any other type of game then?

Also the drawn animated character..... tbh it's a bit poor, has it crossed your mind to jazz it up a bit?
Old Today, 16:37   #28
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Quote:
Is the games video made from your actual gameplay footage and converted to amiga format?

If so technically you can recreate any other type of game then?

Also the drawn animated character..... tbh it's a bit poor, has it crossed your mind to jazz it up a bit?
Yes it is recorded footage converted to the Amiga, and comes from the Dragon's Lair idea. You could replace the cut scenes and images with anything. For example, replace the backdrop with a castle, and the sprites with guards. It's just a technical demo. But yes, it's possible to create most point and click games like DOTC and King of Chicago etc.

My drawing skills are very pathetic, and that's just the way it is. Feel free to send in your art instead. The issue is, the ham bleed, and also the limitation of having to use those specific colours, because every ham palatte changes completely per screen, and there is no way to fix the colours. I throught about proper animation, but the colour bleed created by the moving graphics over ham is just horrible to look at.
Old Today, 17:05   #29
ransom1122

Interesting read well done.. I'm no amiga artist so can't help ypu there. I'm sure we have many amiga artist here that could help...

Overall well done. Your game can open a can of worms to many other games this type...
Old Today, 17:59   #30
lifeschool
Local Moderator

Quote:
Overall well done. Your game can open a can of worms to many other games this type...
Yes that's the idea. I always include my sources to the finished games (or prototypes) in case others want to rip off my ideas and make their own games. Most of the comments on Saberman's video hate it, but those people dont get to see my Windows 10 loader, or the time I spent getting the full menu looking right. Its a labour of love, like everything I guess.

I am thinking I should remove the quick menu option from the final game, and the Crysis icon, so people will be forced to go through the full menu and experience the whole demo, and not just skip to the lame shooting gallery at the end of the demo.