English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old Yesterday, 21:45   #21
CCCP alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
If it's not about starting nostalgia conversations, you might have asked in Hardware.Support.

I recommend to mod your A1000 to allow programs to attempt to turn off the filter without ill effects, and to not mod your A1000 internal drive but put a floppy emu in an external diskdrive case and install a floppy boot switch, instead. The recommendation stands whether or not you choose to copy images to real floppy or not.

If you have some fast ram, many floppy images will work on kick 1.3, but quite a few will expect RAM in the memory area for the A500 RAM expansion.

Which RAM expansion do you have?
Or perhaps just change the title to 'miss playing on my minty fresh A1000 which will be kept 100% original' lol

The only 1mb OCS game I have tried that doesn't work is the Crystal crack of Ghosts n Goblins (my original won't load so maybe the game is A1000 unfriendly), this was a problem I had back in 1990 too when it would only work on my fatter Agnus A2000.

Can't remember what make I had back then and this one is out of the case for years as I was going to make it a 4mb board for bigger Dpaint anims.

Will probably set up my 2mb 600 in another room and stick a spare 2.5" IDE drive in it with Whdload games.