English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 08 July 2024, 18:30   #341
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCiJi View Post
yes, you have to decide between aspect ratio and pixel ratio.
to get a both together you would need a really high resolution to get non square pixel by a lot of square pixels
If I have to choose, then I choose pixel ratio, since my monitor does not have a very high resolution and to avoid anomalies in the image, which is especially noticeable when a text is on the screen and linear interpolation off.

----------------------
@sink
The previous setting was good for window mode, but it covered the full screen only partially!

So here is another setting, but for full screen of desktop resolution 1920x1080!
(although it will look sharp in the window too, but at the cost of a black border)

In Control /global Hotkeys assign a key you'll use to switch to fullscreen!

In Amiga Image geometry tab:
In Crop border --> (x) Crop all sides equally and maintain display ratio (4) ... and move Left slider to 13px
In Scaling --> (x) Native (2)
resolution: 768 576 , then do Apply and don't crop window

In Presentation tab / Overview -> disable linear interpolation.

In C64 Image geometry tab:
In Crop border --> (x) Crop all sides equally and maintain display ratio (4) ... and move Left slider to 16px
In Scaling --> (x) Native (2)
resolution: 768 576 , then do Apply and don't crop window

In Presentation tab / Overview -> disable linear interpolation (or not needed).

And in Options tab do Save Preferences! (to remember the changes)

Note: If you only use one mod, Amiga or C64, then you can crop window as it will not affect the other one!

And now when I turn on full screen and move away from the monitor, the image will be fantastically sharp and my eyes will blur the image anyway without any filter or a shader.

Last edited by amilo3438; 08 July 2024 at 18:38.
Old 08 July 2024, 22:24   #342
sink

yeahhhhh coool, thank you.. that's look good, of couse i use already a hotkey for fullscreen and don't use linear interpolation 'cause i use a shader = crt-geom-deluxe and happy with ..
i will playing with left slider a bit for the fun.

thank you again with your setting, the ratio look like my 1084s monitor (14")
Old 09 July 2024, 16:08   #343
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink View Post
don't use linear interpolation 'cause i use a shader = crt-geom-deluxe and happy with ..
This shader is really fantastic. Thanks for recommendation.

EDIT:
Found another interesting one --> shaders_slang\bezel\koko-aio\Presets-4.1\monitor-Commodore_1084S-wider.slangp (there is also, perhaps even better, a night version or other: monitor-base, bloom etc. from the same folder)
but need to change Image geometry to crop border Monitor (1) and scaling to Window (0).

EDIT2:
This one works nice with setting from post #341 for both C64 & Amiga! --> shaders_slang\bezel\koko-aio\Presets-ng\Monitor-VGA-DoubleScan.slangp

EDIT3:
My favorite shader so far --> shaders_slang\bezel\koko-aio\Presets-4.1\monitor-Commodore_1084S-Night-wider.slangp + settings from #341 but scaling to Window (0)!

Last edited by amilo3438; 10 July 2024 at 18:04.
Old 11 July 2024, 23:53   #344
sink

wowwwwwwwwwwwww

My favorite shader so far (me too now!! ) --> shaders_slang\bezel\koko-aio\Presets-4.1\monitor-Commodore_1084S-Night-wider.slangp + settings from #341 but scaling to Window (0)! just for Amiga i stay on monitor (in the crop setting, for center the all)

it's fantastic all is here, i 'm fan too!

just a another question the sound of the floppy is bad or so high or bad speed? you know why perhaps? 'cauze with winuae it's perfect, i'm sure , it's nothing but don't found the good way
Old 12 July 2024, 09:59   #345
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink View Post
just a another question the sound of the floppy is bad or so high or bad speed? you know why perhaps? 'cauze with winuae it's perfect, i'm sure , it's nothing but don't found the good way
Check the post #279 on page 14 of this thread!

So for now it's like that until something better is created with the better equipment!

Otherwise, anyone can record their own floppy sound and insert it into the emulator, if that suits them better!
Old 12 July 2024, 14:02   #346
sink

ho oki thank for the info, i will looking if i can use the sound from winuae with denise
Old 12 July 2024, 18:03   #347
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCiJi View Post
I noticed that too. Unfortunately, I only have a 35 € microphone. Most of the C64 sounds were created by people who have better equipment and experience with it than I do. All sounds are located in a subfolder of the app. It is therefore possible to add a new profile without programming knowledge. The emulator then lists the subfolders as profiles. If someone can create something here, I would be grateful.
There seem to be some better floppy sounds out there already, but they don't fit in the Denise floppy sound format.

https://download.abime.net/winuae/st...ive_sounds.zip

So I was wondering if there is a possibility that Denise also supports the same, ie floppy sound format of winuae!?
Old 12 July 2024, 18:41   #348
sink

yep, that would be great
Old 13 July 2024, 00:18   #349
PiCiJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink
just a another question the sound of the floppy is bad or so high or bad speed? you know why perhaps?
Is this about a playback error or habit of the sound of WinUAE ? When I compare the floppy sounds of both emulators, I clearly hear 2 different models but I don't have the feeling that something is broken. That's what my external floppy sounds like. It could just be a little louder. That's because of the microphone.
I could record the internal drive from my OCS Amiga. Maybe it sounds more like what you expect.
I would like to ask for a more detailed description of the problem.
Old 13 July 2024, 12:09   #350
sink

oki, i just understood where my problem with the sound comes from, it's that you captured the sound of the external floppy and indeed i was expecting the sound of the internal player like on winuae (and with the real machine). indeed, my external floppy makes the same sound but i rarely use it, most of the time, it's with x-copy so if you could rather put the sound of the internal, it would be cooler because it sounds better to my ears
Old 13 July 2024, 12:28   #351
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Yes, that would be nice... internal floppy sound for df0 and external for the others: df1,df2 & df3!?

By the way, on my real Amiga 500, the internal floppy sounds very loud, like an old dot matrix printer! (not sure what model it is, never opened it)

P.S.
And internal and external floppy sounds can be amplified and equalized using an audio program such as Audacity.
Old 13 July 2024, 20:30   #352
PiCiJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438
And internal and external floppy sounds can be amplified and equalized using an audio program such as Audacity.
The current sounds have already been amplified with Audacity.

Ok I'll record the internal floppy then. If someone wants to help out here with a good microphone, it would be enough for me if someone records the disc formatting process with workbench. I can then take over the cutting. In a 2nd shot I would then need insert/eject sounds of the disc.

in latest nightly the first row in preview to show disk labels has different coloring.

for MacOS users:
Some shaders don't work no matter how new the Mac is. This is because the last openGL is version 4.1 and is no longer being developed. On Windows/Linux, the current version is 4.6
That's why I'm working on metal support.