English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 08 July 2024, 22:22   #1
Jgames

Shadow Gangs Zero

Hi guys;

Just putting this here for anyone interested in a 16 bits version of Shadow Gangs.
It's targeting the NeoGeo as the lead version, with ports to the Megadrive, Dreamcast and modern machines.
(Each taking advantage of the host computer, no emulation).

It's not just a 16 bits version of Shadow Gangs, but a longer, improved and incorporating feedback and suggestions I got over the years since Shadow Gangs release.
More home version than arcade, not time limit, longer and different levels layouts and settings, more forgiving among the many differences between it and the original.

As it is targeting a 16 bits machine, the Amiga version is I hope one day possible, It's not part of the coming Kickstarter on the 1st of August, but it's something I hope to work on in the future, as much of the ground work will be laid out for it.

The demo will be sent to press on the 15th of July, and a demo working on the NeoGeo and emulation will be available with the Kickstarter.

Old 08 July 2024, 22:33   #2
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

I envision a sizable amount of work that need to be done: is this going to be OCS/ECS or more predictably AGA?
Old 08 July 2024, 23:03   #3
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
I envision a sizable amount of work that need to be done: is this going to be OCS/ECS or more predictably AGA?
I have no Amiga development experience, but would love an Amiga 500 version, the classic Amiga.
Old 08 July 2024, 23:11   #4
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

I like the idea of the game, is between Shinobi and Magician Lord, however some compromises will need to be done; if needed i can help with the music
Old 08 July 2024, 23:40   #5
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
I like the idea of the game, is between Shinobi and Magician Lord, however some compromises will need to be done; if needed i can help with the music
Thank you for the offer , will keep it in mind for when I look into the Amiga version.
Old 09 July 2024, 01:18   #6
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Impressive to see this amount of dedication to a single game.
Old 09 July 2024, 01:52   #7
Jgames

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
Impressive to see this amount of dedication to a single game.
I was actually working on the sequel "Shadow Gangs II", and last year got some idle time while waiting for artists to finish some work, I thought why not try to have something work on the NeoGeo, this was the start of a long Journey which led to this Shadow Gangs Zero, it was unexpected and unplanned.

As I had good relations with the artists of Shadow Gangs II, I decided to try and have the pixel art Shadow Gangs started.

I think people are more drawn into this pixel art look than the original HD look from what I gather from the feedback and overall interest.
Old 09 July 2024, 19:01   #8
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

[ Show youtube player ]
This is the closest on Amiga to shadow gangs I guess- its not out yet though. Aga is suitable too.
Old 09 July 2024, 21:32   #9
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Metro Siege is a beat em up, Shadow Gangs is more a Shinobi style game but the technology used in Metro Siege would definitely benefits Shadow Gangs
Old 09 July 2024, 23:38   #10
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgames View Post
I think people are more drawn into this pixel art look than the original HD look from what I gather from the feedback and overall interest.
Guilty as charged. Give me all the pixels

No but seriously, I refer to a game like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge. The retro pixelated look just... makes it look like a video game. I love it.
Old 10 July 2024, 00:07   #11
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Same for me: the high res look allow for particulars but feel uncanny, a bit like those Mac OS games that runs in 640x480