English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 04 July 2024, 22:51   #1
stx2199

Babylonian Twins Android version

some rare things happened with this game

1: the game was removed from the playstore
2:f you try to install the game apk on Android 11 or newer it says this app was designed for a previous android version and is possible that don't work correctly, look for an update? wtf ?

you can install anyways if you force it to install but the game works but the touch controls do not appear on the screen ???, so you can't play it ,I think you can only play with a joystick ?? wtf?

does anyone know a way to play this game on the newest Android phones with android 11 or new version?
to test it you can find the full game apk on the web easily, last version is 1.8.7
Old 05 July 2024, 03:19   #2
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

I don't even get that far on Android 11, error message "App not installed. Something went wrong."

Why are Android error messages so useless!? If it doesn't work then clearly "something went wrong", the error message should say *what* went wrong so the issue can be troubleshooted properly.

Things being removed from the Crapp Store and Android being updated in an incompatible manner breaking lots of apps are not rare, actually pretty common in Android-land.
Old 05 July 2024, 16:15   #3
stx2199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
I don't even get that far on Android 11, error message "App not installed. Something went wrong."

Why are Android error messages so useless!? If it doesn't work then clearly "something went wrong", the error message should say *what* went wrong so the issue can be troubleshooted properly.

Things being removed from the Crapp Store and Android being updated in an incompatible manner breaking lots of apps are not rare, actually pretty common in Android-land.
yep ,new ANdroid versions are breaking lot of games and apps, then are removed from the crapstore due don't work on new android versions
it seems there is a problem with the overlay method that was used on previous android versions for the touch controls or so , in same cases the touch controls not work now or not work correctly

I have the same problem with the game giana sisters, another game that says the same when u install it but install anyways and the touch controls works but there are gfx bugs in them

on the other way the author of Babylonian Twins It seems that he escaped to another planet ,he promised release the Amiga game, he doesn't updated the android version of Babylonian Twins and his website is totally outdated and useless: even the link to dowload the Android version is broken
https://babyloniantwins.com/

Last edited by stx2199; 05 July 2024 at 16:21.
Old 05 July 2024, 17:38   #4
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I feel a lot of bitterness regarding this game and I would like to forget it completely.
Old 05 July 2024, 18:50   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
I feel a lot of bitterness regarding this game and I would like to forget it completely.
^ This.
Old Yesterday, 18:12   #6
stx2199

It's nothing to be sad about, at least the full game was released for Android and it's very good,
right now you can't play it on new cellphones but yet you can play it on a PC using bluestacks or any other emul
the Amiga version was left in the limbo, but perhaps one day appear

btw, we need Whdload for Android and PC

Last edited by stx2199; Yesterday at 18:18.
Old Yesterday, 18:34   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx2199 View Post
the Amiga version was left in the limbo, but perhaps one day appear
But wait, the Amiga version is displayed in some remote Canadian museum that nobody ever visits and no videos of it exist...
The most likely scenario is that the demo was created to market the mobile game. The Amiga version doesn't exist. I still feel a bit used.
Old Yesterday, 20:09   #8
Retro1234
Phone Homer

I wonder if somekind of Virtual Machine for Android is possible to run older software.
Old Yesterday, 21:42   #9
kriz

As mentioned by stx2199 "PC using bluestacks or any other emul" > https://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en...n-BlueStacks-5
Old Today, 01:18   #10
stx2199

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
But wait, the Amiga version is displayed in some remote Canadian museum that nobody ever visits and no videos of it exist...
The most likely scenario is that the demo was created to market the mobile game. The Amiga version doesn't exist. I still feel a bit used.
I think the full Amiga version exists yes because there are a pair of videos playing levels which does not exists in the demo
check

[ Show youtube player ]

[ Show youtube player ]
Old Today, 07:12   #11
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Sure. Maybe you could visit the 'Personal Computer Museum' and have a look? https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=39120&page=7