English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 04 July 2024, 06:17   #21
field3d

Yes I see there is a problem with that tools. If you create with the tools works very good in workbench 3.1 or as I said Amitikit, etc. But the reality the icon is not really compatible outside AmigaOS. The issue is I use the icons to execute scripts with iconx.

I attach photos and in hex code I looked the header.

This is the .info icon header that does not boot in retroarch:

https://freeimage.host/i/dK0dlOF

This is the header of the .info icn that boots in retoarch or anything:

https://freeimage.host/i/dK0dcR1

Any icon I tested in whdload in the slaves that are in the site works and are perfect. What is used to do the icons colored, image or not. Simply they work. And in the header of the icon doesn’t boot I note there is even the ‘PNG’ in the header and I think that type of specifications break the compatibility. In all the slaves I checked win whdload I don’t see this. But I don’t see information about this. Some posts indicate to make even renaming a png to info but that doesn’t work, it will hit the error, other use that image icons using double images, etc. But nothing works, they are not compatible 100%.
Old Yesterday, 08:03   #22
field3d

I could fix the icon is incredible sometimes is more complex than the assembly code. The modern tools create wonderful icons but are needed to trick. Making IFF I found a tool called iff2 2 icon one of the hundred tools worked. Amazing. Thank you for the help anyway. This release was a journey and I understood a lot of things now for others.