English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 03 July 2024, 06:11   #1
Lewis

Manual for: James Pond 2 Codename Robocod AGA?

Does anyone here have the manual for James Pond 2 Codename Robocod AGA, I think we all have the original .ipf game but no one is able to use it due to its protection.
I know that many will say, why don't you use a cracked .ADF image, but then what is the meaning of having a package with an original game that I can't use even if I want to?
Thank you in advance.
Note: The OCS/ECS game manual is different to unlock the protection in AGA version.
Old 03 July 2024, 09:52   #2
van_dammesque

After a bit of searching I came up with nothing (Internet Archive has a big Amiga manual download but only OCS version, no ADF/IPF on internet archive, lemon Amiga came up with zero links that were frutiful.)
Only the WHDLoad version has the notepad version of the manual, if that helps? {EDIT: appears to be the same as this OCS version: https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/docs.php?id=879 }

HoL has the CD32 version so worth trying that? (No AGA version found!)
https://amiga.abime.net/games/view/j...obocod#manuals
Old 03 July 2024, 10:51   #3
PascalDe73
PascalDe73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
Does anyone here have the manual for James Pond 2 Codename Robocod AGA, I think we all have the original .ipf game but no one is able to use it due to its protection.
I know that many will say, why don't you use a cracked .ADF image, but then what is the meaning of having a package with an original game that I can't use even if I want to?
Thank you in advance.
Note: The OCS/ECS game manual is different to unlock the protection in AGA version.
Hi,

Manual OCS version works for AGA version... BUT :

paragraph titles are valid lines P7,L8,W3 = SEVEN

it works on AGA SPS 1354
Old Yesterday, 10:06   #4
Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascalDe73 View Post
Hi,

Manual OCS version works for AGA version... BUT :

paragraph titles are valid lines P7,L8,W3 = SEVEN

it works on AGA SPS 1354
Hello again, you were right!
The Amiga 500 manual is used to unlock the AGA version.
Thank you very much for the information, I already downloaded the manual and filed it in the game folder!
Do you know any program that is easy to use, for example, attach two images to create Code Wheel for some games that require it?
I know there is a page that has many and they are portable, but frankly their images do not look very good, a small program would be good to attach images of the scanned wheels and in that way, make our own code wheel to add to the folders of .ipf games
Greetings from Uruguay
Old Yesterday, 12:39   #5
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Preservation would be the main goal. If you have an original with manual but the disk breaks, you have an ability to restore it. And people are capable to re-crack the IPF dump, if only for educational purposes.

You have to be next-level nostalgic if you want to preserve the bother of having to go through copy protection checks of course this is exactly the place to find such people!
Old Yesterday, 20:57   #6
Nobby_UK

How about the CD32 version ?
Old Yesterday, 23:44   #7
Lewis

Well, just saying!
The thing is that I lived through the time of the Amiga 500/1200, I was a teenager then.
The truth is that I had left aside the Amiga issue because I didn't know how far WinUAE went, but configuring it correctly has actually brought me to tears. Toni Wilen's work is something to admire, her dedication and effort is amazing. You could say that it is almost (99%) like reliving the era. The guy is a genius as a programmer and connoisseur of the Amiga.
Then I'm going to put some things that could be added to the emulator in the section that Toni himself says he would like me to add.