English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 02 July 2024, 12:04   #201
amigakit.com

@AlexH

Thanks for your custom. I don't think we are at the "exceptional" level of the system software yet. However, please stick with it once you receive your A600GS because we will continue to polish the software and push live updates. Only with user feedback (and many long nights coding) can we truly produce a system that meets the majority of community members requirements. The user release is only ground zero and there are many features we can add over coming months.
Old 02 July 2024, 13:09   #202
amigakit.com

The following software updates for the A600GS have been uploaded today through the in-built live update system. They are available to download for all registered AmiSphere users:

46.1.739:

A600GS:
The yellow button was still mapped to RETURN during startup, so no longer started AmiBench as this had been changed to F12
In the joystick handler keep track of the last key press emitted and clear when released.
When the joystick handler switches to JOYSTICK_MODE_GAME_RUNNING and the above is set emit a release code for that key, to prevent the host OS initiating key repeat....
This fixes the instantly closing PAUSE MENU in some games.

Saving amisphere credentials would only work if credentials had previously been saved as the save credentials flag itself was not saved ...
The save flag is now saved separately to the credentials avoiding the catch 22
When save is not set any previously saved credentials are purged from disk when AmiSphereUser is destructed. (ie. at program exit and on user logout).

AmiBerry:
Minor changes to improve interaction with A600GS GUI
Old 02 July 2024, 13:14   #203
d4rk3lf

@amigakit.com

Keep up the great job guys.
I am fully positive I'll order one in the upcoming months.

It would be great if Dan Wood and Modern Vintage gamer could create review videos for it, because they do a really professional videos, and editing and they go in depth.

I really like what I read from you guys and your plans so far.
Old 02 July 2024, 13:24   #204
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
...A recurring theme we heard on the weekend at the Kickstart 02 show is that users purchased THEA500 Mini machine and it got stored away on a shelf after a short time. We do not want the same fate for our product. We want the A600GS to be well used for applications, Amibench as well as gaming.
Hopefully, the presence of a soft modded Mini at the Kickstart show encouraged people to dust off their Minis. It was playing Final Fight Enhanced really well from a WHDLoad install on AMiNIMiga Workbench (Amiberry slowed to 7Mhz 68040 to run at the right speed). Deluxe Paint IV was working well with some imported Animations demoed! 4-player Wizonk was being played on and off throughput the day via the Pandory Amiga emulator!

I'm reliably informed that downloads of Pandory V3 jumped after the show!

Good luck to both competitors! Amigakit better get Amistore compatibility launched before the Amiga Maxi!
Old 02 July 2024, 13:45   #205
amigakit.com

@d4rk3lf

Thank you!

@BigD

We will get Amistore released on the A600GS in coming months. We spoke to some Amiga community games developers on weekend who are eagerly awaiting the opportunity to get a showcase for their games content and get greater exposure of their hard work. This will be a defining difference between a non-Amiga company such as RGL who do not want to support our community and Amiga community centric project such as the A600GS.
Old 02 July 2024, 13:59   #206
BigD

Quote:
@d4rk3lf

Thank you!

@BigD

We will get Amistore released on the A600GS in coming months. We spoke to some Amiga community games developers on weekend who are eagerly awaiting the opportunity to get a showcase for their games content and get greater exposure of their hard work. This will be a defining difference between a non-Amiga company such as RGL who do not want to support our community and Amiga community centric project such as the A600GS.
Having met a representative from their marketing company in person at an Amiga meet that they sponsored, I feel perfectly well "supported"!

While wanting to keep their baby 'locked down', there was an appreciative acceptance that Amigans are not stupid and are going to mod the features they want!

This is the case even if parent companies would prefer to stack 'em high and sell 'em cheap! RGL are following Commodore business practices after all! Remember they relied in GVP, Phase 5 and later QuickPak to push the hardware!

I appreciate your efforts but don't do a Disney and try and rubbish your competition rather than compete with them!
Old 02 July 2024, 14:54   #207
Mousey

I have purchased / pre-ordered the A600GS on the hope that I can use it to do some Amiga coding with either AMOS, Blitz Basic 2, or AmiBlitz.

I must confess to knowing very little about what the A600GS can or can’t run, but even if it ends up being used as a games console then I think I’ll be happy enough.

The name confused me at first as I assumed it could only run Amiga 500 & 600 games, but it appears it will run 1200 ones too?
Old 02 July 2024, 15:36   #208
amigakit.com

@Mousey

Thanks for the preorder- we appreciate your support.

Our plans are to shortly produce an downloadable update with Amos Pro and AmiBlitz. They will be then bundled with the A600GS.

The A600GS is OCS / ECS / AGA and RTG compatible out of the box- no soft mods or hacks required. AmiBench runs in RTG mode (1080P/32-bit) for the best experience. We commissioned 32-bit icon set for it, powered by PeterK's amazing icon library.
Old 02 July 2024, 16:17   #209
Mousey

Quote:
Our plans are to shortly produce an downloadable update with Amos Pro and AmiBlitz. They will be then bundled with the A600GS.
That is awesome - I’m even more excited now. Thank you!
Old 02 July 2024, 18:22   #210
pixie

Quote:
The A600GS is OCS / ECS / AGA and RTG compatible out of the box- no soft mods or hacks required. AmiBench runs in RTG mode (1080P/32-bit) for the best experience. We commissioned 32-bit icon set for it, powered by PeterK's amazing icon library.
Is the RTG hardware accelerated?
Old 02 July 2024, 18:24   #211
amigakit.com

Quote:
Is the RTG hardware accelerated?
Yes and we are further accelerating AmiBench by using the ARM Graphics Library
Old 02 July 2024, 18:29   #212
pixie

A600GS review
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 02 July 2024, 19:09   #213
d4rk3lf

Great review.
Thanks.
Old 02 July 2024, 19:37   #214
Marcio D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie View Post
A600GS review
[ Show youtube player ]

Thanks for the link.

Really enjoyable video. Hope there's more videos to come over the next several weeks from other buyers as well !
Old 02 July 2024, 20:24   #215
Dunny

Forgive my nit-picking but if I elect to use the onscreen keyboard "Only when no real keyboard connected" then I'd expect it to use the onscreen keyboard for the rest of the set up
Old 02 July 2024, 20:24   #216
amigakit.com

An interesting video, thanks for the link.

The reason that PPaint stalled was the icon was double clicked twice on the dock in AmiBench so two copies were launched together. We will fix the dock to prevent that.
Old Yesterday, 01:29   #217
cloverskull

@amigakit I've already preordered one, but I have a question for you. I have been looking for an ideal way to run a telnet BBS 24/7. I was considering doing this on a pi (and still might) but I was wondering if you think the A600GS would be useful for this type of job?
Old Yesterday, 12:32   #218
KZ_3D

Another A600GS review:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old Yesterday, 12:41   #219
kriz

Whats up with these reviews ? The most basic Amiga usage seems forgotten .. Unable to change time? No internet tested ? Amibench needs tested properly!
Old Yesterday, 16:57   #220
Dunny

Most people didn't use the Amiga much beyond inserting a copy of SWOS into their A500's internal drive and turning it on.