English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 27 June 2024, 12:22   #321
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCiJi View Post
Here's an example of a disadvantage for a 2nd save file. Create an empty ext.adf and copy some disk with xcopy onto it.
In this case, the ext.adf keeps empty and second save file gets all the data.
I don't see a disadvantage for a 2nd save file if a logic is correct...

If the 2nd save is connected by name with the original file and the disk drive in which it was inserted, the moment the original file is ejected from that disk drive, that connection disappears, so there is probably something else wrong here!? (layman's thinking)

---------
The next thing...

I found one problem in the "Image geometry" tab in the "Scaling" section!
It seems that Scaling is not fully separate from C64 and Amiga, because some parts behaves globally.

If I apply "crop window" when in Amiga mode and then switch to C64 mode, I see the same changes there as well, and vice versa.
Shouldn't each mode remember the window size settings for itself!? (after using crop window)

Last edited by amilo3438; 27 June 2024 at 12:45.
Old 27 June 2024, 16:33   #322
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
"HAM-6 KEFRATRAZ BARS by Iris" ... even though it is for AGA
It's not for AGA. From the .nfo:
Quote:
Requires: An Amiga

Note: Although I aquired an A600 and an A500+ to test this intro on, ...
Old 27 June 2024, 17:40   #323
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

@StingRay

In demozoo they wrote "Amiga AGA - Demo" so I took it from there.

Correct, seems this is a party version that has some planar artifacing on the Ham-6 Kefratraz bars and in the final version this should be fixed! (but where is the final version!?)
Old 27 June 2024, 20:58   #324
PiCiJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438
I wonder what "Alternate Software Preview" is in option/settings?
The alternative software Preview does not append a preview window to the file dialog for the contents of the disc. Instead, the Software window opened and the preview was displayed there. So you need more space for the alternative software preview, preferably 2 monitors.
In general, the preview for the C64 makes much more sense than for the Amiga. Many Amiga games show an empty preview. (NDOS)
So it's very important to split this option between the C64/Amiga and create another option: "Turn off software preview"
or better the following selection for Software Preview: "deactivate", "in the File dialog", "in the Software window" (formerly alternative preview)

I guess many deactivate them then only for the Amiga.
On Windows, the new file dialog (from Win Vista upwards) does not support complex widgets (such as the preview listbox).
This means that only the old file dialog variant can be displayed with the preview. It doesn't look as modern as you would expect it to be
in File Explorer. If you switch to the alternative software preview, you can see the difference.
That would be one more reason to decide against a software preview for the Amiga, at least in the file dialog.
I will soon rebuild it and move it to the cores.
In this context, the setting of the font size preview will also be moved to the cores.
The two settings here refer to the font size of the preview in the File Dialog and the Software Dialog.
Old 27 June 2024, 21:37   #325
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

(04) Old School (Demo) by New Generation Crew --> http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/release.php?id=16444

This demo is behaving a bit strangely! Although the site says it is for ECS Chipset, nothing will be displayed after the rainbow part, i.e. click on the LMB.
If run on WinUAE in A1200, then it will work, although the mouse image will be a bit strange, i.e. not as shown in the link picture.

Tested in Denise with A500 1MB Chip RAM.

EDIT: On Demozoo and Pouet says Amiga AGA!!! (So while it seems to work partially, it probably isn't for ECS.)

Last edited by amilo3438; 28 June 2024 at 19:23.
Old 28 June 2024, 17:08   #326
PiCiJi

nightly:
added IPF overlap emulation: fixes Titan. I (re)checked all IPFs that were reported as incorrect (fixed) in the past.

All newly inserted floppy disks are not write-protected. That might not have been the best idea. I stumbled across a few games while testing, which therefore do not load and give no indication that the write protection is the cause. e.g. Battle Chess (Amiga), Bounty Bob (C64).
It is now rebuilt in such a way that the last write protection setting of the user is remembered and used again. (C64/Amiga)
Old 28 June 2024, 19:23   #327
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Great, so I'll continue testing!

------------
EDIT: New finding...

If C64 core is disabled from options/settings/generic/selection of cores and only Amiga core is left... if now drag'n'drop a c64 disk on amiga screen power button it will open C64 mode but without showing it on top menu!?
(so no options visible for C64 even it works)

This is also true vice versa!

Last edited by amilo3438; 28 June 2024 at 20:07.
Old Yesterday, 12:38   #328
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Turrican 3 (1993)(Renegade)[2633] ... During loading it says: serious disk error! (not in WinUAE)

PS. I'm sure I've already tried it in one of the previous nightly versions without problems!
Old Yesterday, 20:21   #329
PiCiJi

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438
If C64 core is disabled from options/settings/generic/selection of cores and only Amiga core is left... if now drag'n'drop a c64 disk on amiga screen power button it will open C64 mode but without showing it on top menu!?
(so no options visible for C64 even it works)
nightly:
should be fixed. if core is not active while DnD content for it, then Core will be reactivated