English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 26 June 2024, 06:35   #21
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Maybe it is just a case of being Amiga-sick? (it is like being homesick, but the cause is being away from your Amiga(s) for too long)
Old 26 June 2024, 06:37   #22
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

On the particular of music composing i am trying to go without expenses, so lot of programs like milkytracker, audacity and recently SurgeXT, that is a darn powerful synthesizer software; that and as much as samples downloaded everywhere; i am fond of many mod composers that had their own musical gear; however having my own bills to pay and being on a room for rent with limited space are strong deterrents.
Old 26 June 2024, 14:02   #23
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

I don't think people @eab will misconsider you based on how much money you spend for your hobby. So keep the flame alive and do you hobby stuff as you like.

What I say above may be false when you express an opinion about doom on certain threads, but shuuut, I haven't say anything
Old 27 June 2024, 14:53   #24
acidbottle

Would probably admit I use emulation more than my real Amiga. Real is great, it's the authentic experience that you know and sometimes you can miss that. Compatibility tends to be accurate as well, as you would expect!

However, my real Amiga has some limitations which emulation doesn't, plus emulation is far smaller and mobile. I would argue that there are still issues with emulation, small tiny irritating inconsistencies, but on the whole it is spot on these days. Have fun with whatever you have space for and can afford.

I know people have kinda bashed on your style in recent times Saimon, but don't let trolls grind you down. Stick to your guns, listen to any good advice and carry on!