English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 24 June 2024, 14:05   #1
Guyver4

Parnet between emulated Amigas

Hello everyone

I have a question about WinUAE. I have got Sernets working between two WinUAEs running at the same time. However I was wondering if the same can be done using the parallel port, with Parnet or something like it, I didn't have any luck with it. Thanks.
Old 24 June 2024, 19:15   #2
Nor Bert
Norbert

It is not possible (yet? ) to use the parallel port to connect two emulated Amiga (Winuae) using Parnet.
Pronet and the serial port is just as fast as Parnet.
Fast communication between emulated Amigas (winuae) is bcdsocket.library and TCP/IP
Old 24 June 2024, 19:26   #3
Karlos
Alien Bleed

Another vote for regular networking.
Old 24 June 2024, 20:36   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I think OP's point was to "experience" parnet networking, not to seriously use it for data transfer between emulators when there are much easier ways to do it that don't require emulated Amiga hardware

But yes, it is not (yet?) implemented. (Would be quite simple to implement if both emulators run in same host)
Old 24 June 2024, 23:27   #5
Karlos
Alien Bleed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I think OP's point was to "experience" parnet networking, not to seriously use it for data transfer between emulators when there are much easier ways to do it that don't require emulated Amiga hardware

But yes, it is not (yet?) implemented. (Would be quite simple to implement if both emulators run in same host)
For a brief period, I used it between an A1200 without a HD and one with one. The floppy only machine would boot, mount parnet then once available assign all the paths (sans a few) to that. It was comparable to floppy but without all the swapping.