English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 24 June 2024, 18:45   #181
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I think they are angling for the ability to overwrite the entire FW with something else and then restore it at some time in the future like you can with some other android/linux based mini consoles.
Old 24 June 2024, 20:19   #182
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
So when TheA500 Mini site stops doing updates. Please tell me how your going to update anyway?

I thought RGL had already moved on to other things anyway, like Atari console. They are not really interested in the Amiga, only what ever mini consoles generate a quick revenue stream.

RGL are about to release the Amiga Maxi as you know, so hardware and software development from them is far from dead! The RGL Carousel doesn't have internet compatibility and hence firmware updates just add new features which you can take or leave really. The soft mods which includes internet functionality are being constantly updated. I started using Pandory V3 last month and it's great!
Old 24 June 2024, 20:25   #183
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
@amigakit

Here is another A600GS video showing how easy it is to change disks and save states of games for instant playback at that point. In this case the game is Alien Breed. We hope you enjoy the video!

[ Show youtube player ]

The comment: "everything is cracked these days isn't it" lol - given the game isn't included due to licencing, would you not fall foul of promoting a video on official channel that is circumventing such licences (cracked version evidently used)?...

Other than that, looks pretty slick! Nice work!
Old 25 June 2024, 04:10   #184
kriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
So when TheA500 Mini site stops doing updates. Please tell me how your going to update anyway?

I thought RGL had already moved on to other things anyway, like Atari console. They are not really interested in the Amiga, only what ever mini consoles generate a quick revenue stream.
The files will still be available since everyone can download them and store them, so just up to someone to share it (like any other device without operating owner).

Amiga Maxi is coming soon, so they are totally interested in Amiga, very weird comment!
Old 25 June 2024, 10:47   #185
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
RGL are about to release the Amiga Maxi as you know, so hardware and software development from them is far from dead! The RGL Carousel doesn't have internet compatibility and hence firmware updates just add new features which you can take or leave really. The soft mods which includes internet functionality are being constantly updated. I started using Pandory V3 last month and it's great!

The point being you have to softmod it. Why have they not updated Amiberry or included features people want like internet. I would love to be able to edit carousel and add games I want, instead of messing with a USB stick. Yes, I am an actual user of A500 Mini. I have to use pandory, just to be able to use my Floppy Drawbridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz View Post
The files will still be available since everyone can download them and store them, so just up to someone to share it (like any other device without operating owner).

Amiga Maxi is coming soon, so they are totally interested in Amiga, very weird comment!

You missed my point completely, I remember a patch for a kickstart that was done around 2010 and it was never uploaded for a very long time. Proberly cause main site that housed it went down not long after its release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz View Post

Lets wait and see, what approach they take. Every one moaned about lack of mini features and stuff. They still haven't addressed alot of what people want on Mini.
Old 25 June 2024, 15:28   #186
amigakit.com

A new option has been added to the Edit Games option to enable/disable JIT CPU Emulation:

Click for full size image

This system update will be available to users in a few days.
Old 25 June 2024, 21:22   #187
amigakit.com

The 36-page User's Guide is included with every A600GS box:

Click for full size image