kamelito
Zone Friend

@hop it did the tricks thanks
Old 22 June 2024, 10:54   #102
hop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
Great. I'll include these changes in the next release.
Old 22 June 2024, 11:18   #103
kamelito
Zone Friend

@hop show in memory 1 doesn’t seems to work properly. I have values (dc.l) and when I look at the memory window 1, I see 0 (zeroes)

Last edited by kamelito; 22 June 2024 at 11:36.
Old 22 June 2024, 11:39   #104
hop

Quote:
@hop show in memory 1 doesn’t seems to work properly. I have values and when I look at the memory window 1, I see 0 (zeroes)
The emulation is very basic. There is no real Amiga hardware or OS. However if the CPU writes a register value to a valid chip memory address during analysis it should work.

Bring up the CPU window and single step using F11 or the button in the Analysis window. You can set Breakpoints with F9 to get to where you need to be, or even manually set the PC to cursor to test a specific instruction in isolation.

Unfortunately there is not yet a UI to change register values.

If this doesn't help then I can try to debug here if you can provide me with a specific example.
Old 22 June 2024, 23:43   #105
kamelito
Zone Friend

I may have not understood how it works.
The disassembly of the code say is at address x, so in x there is the code, I right clicked selected show in memory 1 the memory show the addresses range of the code but it’s all zeroes.
Old 23 June 2024, 09:02   #106
hop

Quote:
I may have not understood how it works.
The disassembly of the code say is at address x, so in x there is the code, I right clicked selected show in memory 1 the memory show the addresses range of the code but it’s all zeroes.
The program is not copied ("loaded") into memory until analysis is started. Easiest way is to press F11 once. This will copy the program into memory, and set CPU initial state. You will then see the machine code from the disassembly (and source file) in memory.
Old 23 June 2024, 22:52   #107
kamelito
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hop View Post
The emulation is very basic. There is no real Amiga hardware or OS. However if the CPU writes a register value to a valid chip memory address during analysis it should work.

Bring up the CPU window and single step using F11 or the button in the Analysis window. You can set Breakpoints with F9 to get to where you need to be, or even manually set the PC to cursor to test a specific instruction in isolation.

Unfortunately there is not yet a UI to change register values.

If this doesn't help then I can try to debug here if you can provide me with a specific example.
Yep being able to change registers could help the code analysis to continue when it loop on a condition that can’t be made. Some condition could be data loaded from disc either using doio/open read or tacked loader is it something that can be simulated?
I guess that it is not possible in a loop like that to exit for now so that code analysis could continue? Update : I suppose that I need to use end path.

Last edited by kamelito; 23 June 2024 at 22:58.
Old 23 June 2024, 23:17   #108
kamelito
Zone Friend

Frontier exe CD32 I got the error below when doing the analysis.
Why is memory limited to 512k?

ERROR: Load data of size 000C5918 bytes to address range [00000000, 000C5918] exceeds memory size 00080000 bytes

ERROR: Failed to load relocated binary D:\Users\kamel\OneDrive\Bureau\Frontier.bin into memory at address 00000000

ERROR: Failed to load code into memory
ERROR: Failed to initialise analysis
Old 24 June 2024, 00:31   #109
kamelito
Zone Friend

I suppose that most program that does have code section are mostly code and data data’s.
In my opinion Ira should set the code type to section type by default that would led to a
Lot less manual actions. Dis does a lot better job for now than Ira.
Old 24 June 2024, 09:39   #110
hop

Quote:
Yep being able to change registers could help the code analysis to continue when it loop on a condition that can’t be made. Some condition could be data loaded from disc either using doio/open read or tacked loader is it something that can be simulated?
I guess that it is not possible in a loop like that to exit for now so that code analysis could continue? Update : I suppose that I need to use end path.
I'll add an editing UI to the registers window soon. It's a quick job, but lower priority than some others.

I'm far from proud of the state the analysis is in. It should be a single click and finished. I'll keep improving it. End Path is your friend for now. I added a fake beam counter because it was such a common CPU busy wait case.

Quote:
Why is memory limited to 512k
Memory size can be increased to 2 MB in the Amiga Window. I'll update the error message you encountered to make the user aware of it.

Quote:
I suppose that most program that does have code section are mostly code and data data’s.
In my opinion Ira should set the code type to section type by default that would led to a
Lot less manual actions. Dis does a lot better job for now than Ira.
I have thought about ending traversal if the PC jumps into a DATA or BSS section. However, the 68000 has no memory manager or protection, so it is perfectly legal to execute code from anywhere in memory. I suspect this is quite common, especially for unpackers. Apologies if I have misunderstood you here.

Last edited by hop; 24 June 2024 at 16:14.
Old 24 June 2024, 11:18   #111
kamelito
Zone Friend

In Archon which I believe has been programmed using early Aztec C, all code sections are code but it is in data type when loaded in Aira Force not code so it is a lot of manual actions to do instead of just having the tool doing it right away like Dis does it for example and probably Resource.
Old 24 June 2024, 16:35   #112
hop

Quote:
In Archon which I believe has been programmed using early Aztec C, all code sections are code but it is in data type when loaded in Aira Force not code so it is a lot of manual actions to do instead of just having the tool doing it right away like Dis does it for example and probably Resource.
Aira uses the ira disassembler under the hood. So if the initial ira preprocess doesn't identify all the code, then it's up to the user to update the config file accordingly to guide subsequent disassemblies. Aira just adds a UI on top of this to avoid lots of manual config file management.

The Find Code and Analysis tools are designed to help out a bit here.
Old 24 June 2024, 20:18   #113
kamelito
Zone Friend

@hop I know I just say Aira Force because we’re on it’s thread. No criticism here Aira Force is great tool.
Old Yesterday, 12:43   #114
hop

Quote:
Thanks for making me aware of this problem. I've just released version 0.7.4 which supports dots within label names, as well as more general local label support.

More details here: https://howprice.itch.io/aira-force/...-label-support
Old Today, 11:58   #115
kamelito
Zone Friend

I’m on windows build 22631 and the error message failed to initialize OpenGL loader and opengl3 is back
Old Today, 12:09   #116
hop

Quote:
I’m on windows build 22631 and the error message failed to initialize OpenGL loader and opengl3 is back
No! Please could you install the very latest Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Version and try again?
Old Today, 13:28   #117
kamelito
Zone Friend

Sadly still the same, I suppose that either windows did change something that broke it or the new gfx driver