English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 20 June 2024, 01:16   #141
qz3fwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
On the last page there was a link to thread about this.

You will always find some customers behave like this, and trying to convince other people not to buy specific product. Why? I have no idea. I am not fan of many products, and the biggest waste of time for me to be to go to the forums, and talk trash about these products.

The fact that guy sell the product right away (on the same thread) speaks to me that he wanted to trash talk almost for free (buy, then sell it), not because he was unhappy with product.

...who knows...
That really makes no sense. Who goes out and buys a piece of kit only to turn around and immediately sell it and in the same thread they are trying to sell it badmouth the product.
Old 20 June 2024, 03:10   #142
d4rk3lf

Well, you might be right.

But then again, who buys unreleased (yet) piece of kit, and expect that everything works like charm, and if it doesn't, open a thread and talk bad about it?
Anyway, that's just my 2 cents, personal quick observation, and wouldn't like to spend any more thoughts on it.

Looking forward to see a official launch, and first review videos.
Old 20 June 2024, 06:20   #143
dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd View Post
That really makes no sense. Who goes out and buys a piece of kit only to turn around and immediately sell it and in the same thread they are trying to sell it badmouth the product.
Yep, who'd ever buy something and try to sell it after they didn't like it? Never ever happened in the real world. /s

Admittedly his first post was pretty harsh, but the next one in the same thread much more balanced and he actually included this:

Quote:
Good points?

Price
PCB good quality made by Rabbit Hole Computing (top board is ENIG bottom HASL)
Decent SD card
I like the presentation of it
Decent quality HDMI cable
New Final Writer and audio stuffs
With time and development it may be awesome
So it really seems like a pretty normal case of somebody selling an item on because it just wasn't for them.

@Marcio D: it was really amusing to read that apparently I qualify as a "jealous" hater, only because of expressing mild skepticism regarding the trademark wrangling. Yeah, I totally can't sleep at night because of my "A600" envy
Old 20 June 2024, 11:15   #144
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeberbach View Post
No, appropriating "A600", "A1200" and others is slimy as hell. So are other "legal" activities like registering domain names to mislead people to your own site and away from your competitors.

No lawyer or long discussion is required to know this.

LMFAO, ASB computers have been doing it since they rebranded to amigastore.eu and thats ok apparently. I find it amazing, how its ok for them to do it and not one person says anything.
Anyway, its past and we are good terms with RetroPassion. Unless your trying cause problems again???? between us.
Old 20 June 2024, 11:19   #145
DisasterIncarna

seen plenty of doom-posts when the steam deck first came out and many, many months after, still get the occasional one here and there but not as much, i think its a pretty normal/expected response from some people who just dont like a product and make it known. For us end-users i think its more a case of waiting for a more solid group of reviews and making your choices then rather than basing your choice on 1 single review.
Old 20 June 2024, 11:28   #146
amigakit.com

The small amendment to the A600GS User's Guide is available to download as a PDF file:

A600GS User's Guide

This manual is going to be printed, stitched and bound imminently.
Old 20 June 2024, 13:04   #147
aeberbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
LMFAO, ASB computers have been doing it since they rebranded to amigastore.eu and thats ok apparently. I find it amazing, how its ok for them to do it and not one person says anything.
Anyway, it’s past and we are good terms with RetroPassion. Unless your trying cause problems again???? between us.
Who you are and why you say “we” I have no idea. Are you saying you are part of AmigaKit (TM)?

A whatabout is as good as an admission btw. It’s the defence you make when there is no defence.
Old 20 June 2024, 13:35   #148
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeberbach View Post
Who you are and why you say “we” I have no idea. Are you saying you are part of AmigaKit (TM)?

A whatabout is as good as an admission btw. It’s the defence you make when there is no defence.
So no other companies, have trademarked anything. Loads have in last few years, yet you dont bitch about them. So they are not slimy, I see.

Nothing to do with defence, its fact (facts have been provided time and time again, yet ignored). So, Amiga Addict register trademarks and domains, its ok. Amigastore.eu register trademarks and domains, its ok. Amigakit register trademarks and domains, its not ok.

Not going to reply on this any more. Its pointless, as you obviously can't see it.

Last edited by FOL; 20 June 2024 at 13:45.
Old 20 June 2024, 19:13   #149
Chucky

Amigakit register trademark. they register a competitors domain (amigapassion.com ) pointing to their store . and only excuse of this I have heard is "we own "amiga" "

so this is a good reason. they register to be patent-trolls!

they register a600. a1200 etc. all just to be patent-trolls

( I know it is not a patent.. but the thing is., it is kind of the same in the end)
Old 20 June 2024, 19:28   #150
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I'm sure this will unify the Amiga-kingdom

(@alexh I tried to check if the trademark exists outside of the UK. Seems a bit like it is a UK only thing?)
Old 20 June 2024, 20:36   #151
Pyromania

@AmigaKit

Very nice "User Manual".
Old 20 June 2024, 23:26   #152
PeterK

But the clockwork of this nice AmiBench desktop clock needs a little adjustment from a watchmaker.

And no, that Software Contributor ... Peter Kueneke, that's not literally me, and this doesn't matter at all, except that somebody wants to know who is responsible for possible problems with displaying icons in order to send me a bug report.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AmiBenchClock.png
Views:	35
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	82520  
Old 21 June 2024, 00:10   #153
idrougge

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Amigkit saw an opportunity for their business and so registered them. I think it was a smart move rather than allow someone more aggressive to take ownership of these trademarks and block your potential future products or block your work.

They have already fallen out with A1200.net who failed to trademark A1200 when they had the chance and consider AmigaKit's move to trademark A1200 to have been very aggressive considering they were trading partners. A1200.net had their opportunity. Their argument is only true if AmigaKit starts actively trying to enforce their TM which I don't believe they have tried to do yet.
They have also domain-squatted the names of competing amiga stores. There isn’t some more aggressive than Amigakit, and they just prove that it takes one to know one.
Old 21 June 2024, 00:14   #154
idrougge

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Would you rather that someone else appropriated them started demanding our favourite companies pay or stop using them? I for one are glad that they have been secured by someone who stands a chance of being a good guy.
Amigakit is that »someone else«. They are not good guys.

Quote:
I would have done that too. Maybe have gone with A300 which was the prototype number for A600. But nostalgia is powerful thing. They perhaps wanted to produce something like A500 Mini but that had already been done and the A1200/A600 is next logical choice to appeal to us nostalgics?
That’s why you nostalgics are such a detriment to the Amiga community.

Quote:
I'm with you on this one. While it is good business practice to do this and big companies do it all the time, is there room for big business practices in the Amiga consumer world? I wouldn't have done it but I can see why they did. I imagine they wish they hadn't given the amount of negativity it created. If it was me, having seen this negativity I would redirect these alternate domains to the intended site (assuming they haven't already) and put it down to a brain fart moment.
I wouldn’t have done it but I can why they did. Because they are arseholes, that’s why. Making redirects for similar domain names because someone didn’t register every domain in the world is what the Russian mafia do, not serious businesses.
Old 21 June 2024, 00:31   #155
aeberbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
So no other companies, have trademarked anything. Loads have in last few years, yet you dont bitch about them. So they are not slimy, I see.

Nothing to do with defence, its fact (facts have been provided time and time again, yet ignored). So, Amiga Addict register trademarks and domains, its ok. Amigastore.eu register trademarks and domains, its ok. Amigakit register trademarks and domains, its not ok.

Not going to reply on this any more. Its pointless, as you obviously can't see it.

Too bad there will be no more replies, because you skipped out on clarifying whether you are with AmigaKit or not - or did your boss tell you not to?

You can't see the difference between registering any domain or trademark and attempting to own a a name we have all used since the A600 appeared, or using a domain to steal web traffic from a competitor by tricking customers.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it." -Upton Sinclair
Old 21 June 2024, 16:41   #156
cloverskull

Wow the A600GS manual is really well done.
Old 22 June 2024, 05:21   #157
grelbfarlk

How much for the manual?
Old 22 June 2024, 11:56   #158
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
How much for the manual?
It's free, just download it mate.
Old 22 June 2024, 12:04   #159
amigakit.com

@grelbfarlk

The A600GS User Guide PDF is a free download. The hard copy version has gone to printers and will be stitch bound next week. We will be including the printed colour manual inside every A600GS packaging.

Old 22 June 2024, 15:31   #160
amigakit.com

This week we are pleased to confirm that Hard Drive File (HDF) support has been added to the A600GS. The live software update will be published early next week to existing A600GS users.

Here is a video showing how easy it is to add a HDF file from a USB flash drive and then launch it. In this case the game is Frontier. I hope you enjoy how smooth this 3D game runs.

[ Show youtube player ]