English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 01 June 2024, 17:12   #1
Cammy

Smile AmiGameJam 2024!

Hi everyone! I'm very excited to announce that this year's AmiGameJam has just begun! The theme for this year's contest is "The Sequel That Never Was", where you choose an Amiga game that you wish there was a sequel for and make it happen yourself! Entries should be submitted to the jam by the 1st of December, giving you six months starting now. There are two categories for you to submit your game in - Classic OCS/AGA and Next-Gen (Vampire, RTG, Aros, MorphOS, AmigaOS). Please remember to keep your game within the contest rules and make sure it runs on an Amiga.Stay tuned for further updates regarding prizes, judges and more! More information can be found at the AmiGameJam page - https://itch.io/jam/amigamejam
Old 02 June 2024, 11:49   #2
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

Excellent to see the jam is back. Are there going to be any form of sub categories, like by language for example?
Old 02 June 2024, 13:56   #3
Snoopy1234

I have suggestions! Spoon: Trial of the Gods; Extractors: The Hanging Worlds of Zarg (Diggers II), Giana Sisters II (Other than Hard n' Heavy)
Thanks Cammy for a great show btw, always keeping an eye on yr YT productions.

Last edited by Snoopy1234; 03 June 2024 at 12:14.
Old 03 June 2024, 11:47   #4
Cammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxgogo View Post
Excellent to see the jam is back. Are there going to be any form of sub categories, like by language for example?
There are only two sub-categories, Classic Amiga and Next-Gen Amiga. Games can be submitted in any language, as long as it's easy enough for anyone to play. Since we usually don't get too many entries, I don't think it would be very competitive if we split it into even smaller categories, plus it would be harder to spread the prizes around.
Old 03 June 2024, 11:49   #5
Cammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy1234 View Post
I have suggestions! Spoon: Trial of the Gods; Extractors: The Hanging Gardens of Zarg (Diggers II), Giana Sisters II (Other than Hard n' Heavy)Thanks Cammy for a great show btw, always keeping an eye on yr YT productions.
Hehe, no problem! And thanks for the suggestions, in fact just for you I am going to make a sequel to Giana Sisters on my show so everyone can watch along and see how it's done!
Old 03 June 2024, 13:08   #6
DisasterIncarna

will all the contenders end up mentioning what they pick on the rare/unlucky chance some end up making the same sequel? that could be quite embarrassing if everyone kept their project subject quiet. I would imagine also, due to the time constraint that people will pick somewhat simple'ish games, doubt anyones going to be ambitious enough on a time limited gamejam to make something like Hunter 2 for example. Altho i could be wrong, Settle The World is far from simple and that came from a prior gamejam and is quite ambitions indeed.
Old 06 June 2024, 16:22   #7
Asman

@Cammy
I have question. Is it allowed to make sequel of (my) preview game(s) ?
[ Show youtube player ]

Perhaps I should just finish preview and then make sequel
Old 06 June 2024, 21:54   #8
Paulee_Alex_Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Hi everyone! I'm very excited to announce that this year's AmiGameJam has just begun! The theme for this year's contest is "The Sequel That Never Was", where you choose an Amiga game that you wish there was a sequel for and make it happen yourself! Entries should be submitted to the jam by the 1st of December, giving you six months starting now. There are two categories for you to submit your game in - Classic OCS/AGA and Next-Gen (Vampire, RTG, Aros, MorphOS, AmigaOS). Please remember to keep your game within the contest rules and make sure it runs on an Amiga.Stay tuned for further updates regarding prizes, judges and more! More information can be found at the AmiGameJam page - https://itch.io/jam/amigamejam
Very cool! If you need the WAV file of my theme song again, let me know
Old 12 June 2024, 01:55   #9
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

So, who's making what? Anyone got ideas yet?
Old 12 June 2024, 07:47   #10
jotd
This cat is no more

This looks erm... ambitious. Like Turrican 4, Supercars 3, Cadaver: The Buyoff or Moscow Strike ? 6 months? Piece of cake.

Are we allowed to port a sequel of a game that doesn't exist on the amiga (but the prequel exists) but exists somewhere else?
Old 12 June 2024, 13:22   #11
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
This looks erm... ambitious. Like Turrican 4, Supercars 3, Cadaver: The Buyoff or Moscow Strike ? 6 months? Piece of cake.Are we allowed to port a sequel of a game that doesn't exist on the amiga (but the prequel exists) but exists somewhere else?
Something like, Settlers 2 etc?
Old 12 June 2024, 16:20   #12
Bubba'n'Stix 2

I suppose, just one level of a sequel would be good. Some kind of DLC. An extension on the original game.
Old 13 June 2024, 15:16   #13
acidbottle

Okay, I will blink first!

[ Show youtube player ]

Very early prototype but once the mechanics are nailed can have fun with level design!

It is quite a tricky jam, a sequel usually or typically improves upon its predecessor, so a Speedball 3 or SOTB 4 could be tricky! Hope there are a few entries for fun anyways.
Old 15 June 2024, 15:50   #14
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

I'd like to have a go- I can do the pixel art & animation and writing if required- any coders or Scorpion users that want to collaborate on something? A feasible project.
Old 15 June 2024, 19:29   #15
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbottle View Post
Okay, I will blink first! [ Show youtube player ]Very early prototype but once the mechanics are nailed can have fun with level design! [...]
Like the gfx
Old 16 June 2024, 02:07   #16
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Do you want me to get the MAME ROM to grab the instruments or is still too early?
Old Yesterday, 02:55   #17
Jazzcat

Blink first

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbottle View Post
Okay, I will blink first!

[ Show youtube player ]

Very early prototype but once the mechanics are nailed can have fun with level design!

It is quite a tricky jam, a sequel usually or typically improves upon its predecessor, so a Speedball 3 or SOTB 4 could be tricky! Hope there are a few entries for fun anyways.
This is looking good!