English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 14 June 2024, 18:37   #1
lord_snoodles

How to play "recent" Amiga games in FSUAE

Hello community and thanks for having me.

I am enjoying FSUAE a lot. I got a bunch of "new" games on ADF, LHA and WHD from circa 1996-present, including a bunch from Itch.io. FSUAE won't recognize them in my hard drive scans. Can I launch them directly in the application? How do I do that? cheers, lord_snoodles
Old 14 June 2024, 20:00   #2
qupe

Create a new new config, select the game, set the config and save. I'll post a video in 3 hours for you to follow as it is easy.

I presume you have the required Kickstarts etc?
Old 14 June 2024, 21:02   #3
qupe

A very quick config video

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 15 June 2024, 06:38   #4
lord_snoodles

Thank you in advance qupe! That is a kind thought. I will try to go about the steps you detailed in the post.
Old 15 June 2024, 06:39   #5
lord_snoodles

This video is so great! Cheers!
Old 15 June 2024, 06:53   #6
lord_snoodles

In your video you showed to pick 1MB RAM chip. Is that the general way to go? Any insight as to how to adjust depending on the game? Can I go wrong setting it to max chip RAM? I started up Teenagent with an emulated 1200 and it seems to be going great!
Old 15 June 2024, 14:57   #7
qupe

That was a quick demonstration.

For some games you'll need a bit of trial and error as some games with A1200 settings will run way too fast.

Alternatively you could look to download DamienD's pre-configured WinUAE packs as that has 4000 games now

I like how easy it is to use FSUAE but now it's not updated anymore I may switch in the future
Old 16 June 2024, 19:52   #8
lord_snoodles

I will look into Damien's packs, that's a good tip. I put a bunch of energy curating a tight list of what to play but I can use it as a way to pull out the stuff I really want for WINUAE on my PC. I generally find WINUAE too bewildering for me even with tutorials, but idiot-proof pre-setup files (?) will be great.

Now, if you don't mind me asking, what do I do with LHA or WHD files not in the database on FSUAE? I tried your guide with substituting those, but it didn't work.
Old 16 June 2024, 23:14   #9
qupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_snoodles View Post
I will look into Damien's packs, that's a good tip. I put a bunch of energy curating a tight list of what to play but I can use it as a way to pull out the stuff I really want for WINUAE on my PC. I generally find WINUAE too bewildering for me even with tutorials, but idiot-proof pre-setup files (?) will be great.

Now, if you don't mind me asking, what do I do with LHA or WHD files not in the database on FSUAE? I tried your guide with substituting those, but it didn't work.

The Whd files you'd add via the hard drive tab.

The same with the lha, but some of these you may need a workbench disk to run too.
Old Yesterday, 04:01   #10
Seiya

ops, i'm sorry, i didn't understand the topic request.
i suggested to use GameBase Amiga 2.3 that is pre-configured for idiot-proof pre-setup, but he want to play "recent" games so maybe very difficult for newbie

Last edited by Seiya; Yesterday at 04:10. Reason: wrong answer
Old Yesterday, 21:35   #11
lord_snoodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by qupe View Post
The Whd files you'd add via the hard drive tab.

The same with the lha, but some of these you may need a workbench disk to run too.
I likely have virtual Workbench disks. Would you please tell me what I'm looking for? Years ago i downloaded what I think is the whole enchilada of kickstarts, Amiga Forever disks, etc... and I think I have a 6-disk Workbench file, but then i'm unsure how to use it in this context of loading LHAs on FSUAE. Cheers!