English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 22 July 2018, 13:05   #41
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkio View Post
Hi, I've got another question about the new beamracing v-sync.
As far as I understood , the beamracing v-sync works only with full screen and full size picture so if you use fullscreen but you want to reduce the picture ( I do so to practice Kick Off 2 in the original 1084S size to not lose the habit, the moment you play on real hardware) you are going to see tearing.
Perhaps is there e plan to have beamracing working also in scaled size?
Thanks
Vertical adjustment should not anymore cause tearing (at least when it isn't excessive). Check it with END+F9 debug colors, positions should change with display size.
Old 23 July 2018, 12:07   #42
Torkio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Vertical adjustment should not anymore cause tearing (at least when it isn't excessive). Check it with END+F9 debug colors, positions should change with display size.
Very interesting this debug option! thanks to let me know!

I attacked a couple of picture of the screen that show the tear in the last slice. It is not a total rip as I see many times v-sync is able to pull the tear on sync but the tear happens though . I see many times the colours of the 4th slice to disappear.

Last edited by Torkio; 28 August 2018 at 14:36.
Old 14 June 2020, 19:06   #43
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I didn't want to start a new thread for this:

I finally got a 144Hz monitor. I get app. 40-45% CPU usage emulating an A1200 in 50Hz with Beam Racing = 4 Slices (DX11). But with the same config in 100Hz it's app. 75-80% usage. Is it supposed to happen? Seems a bit high for a Ryzen 5 3600.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 16 June 2020 at 17:13.
Old 11 June 2024, 21:23   #44
Keade

Hello !

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I'm not sure it was worth opening a new one ?
I can't get beam racing to work on my computer.

I have no idea why, but when I enable it, WinUAE becomes horribly slow (possibly even slower if I increase slices count). Programs run at slower pace than they should, display and sound are stuttering a lot.

My computer is beefy enough (i5-12600KF / RX 7900 XT) and I have tried all combination of settings to no avail.
I have also tried two WinUAE / display drivers combinations (WinUAE5200_x64 with a slightly older AMD driver, and latest WinUAE with latest AMD driver, just after I recently updated).
Also, I upgraded from a 144Hz display to a 240Hz one, which (unsurprisingly) made no difference either.

Could it be a bug related to the display drivers or some kind of incompatibility with particular graphic cards ?

I have googled it a bit and it looks like nobody has ever reported this problem before.
Old 24 June 2024, 22:40   #45
21stcentury

You need a 50 or 100hz display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keade View Post
Hello !

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I'm not sure it was worth opening a new one ?
I can't get beam racing to work on my computer.

I have no idea why, but when I enable it, WinUAE becomes horribly slow (possibly even slower if I increase slices count). Programs run at slower pace than they should, display and sound are stuttering a lot.

My computer is beefy enough (i5-12600KF / RX 7900 XT) and I have tried all combination of settings to no avail.
I have also tried two WinUAE / display drivers combinations (WinUAE5200_x64 with a slightly older AMD driver, and latest WinUAE with latest AMD driver, just after I recently updated).
Also, I upgraded from a 144Hz display to a 240Hz one, which (unsurprisingly) made no difference either.

Could it be a bug related to the display drivers or some kind of incompatibility with particular graphic cards ?

I have googled it a bit and it looks like nobody has ever reported this problem before.