English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 31 May 2024, 21:50   #701
Lemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I'm having an issue, which I can't seem to track down.

I'm using latest version with my CM4 (Emu68-VC4), it was working fine previously. However now its it just guru error with suspend or reboot.

I have removed P96 latest and Emu68 GFX drivers. I have downloaded fresh copies and tried reinstalling both. Yet get same guru error.

In OS, I get "Program failed (error #80000005)"
on reboot Guru gives "Error: 80000005 Task: 08AAE508"

Been going round in circles trying to find out issue. Everything else works, just when I try to run RTG.
Try using the older RTG driver here

https://github.com/michalsc/Emu68-to...414-2fecf0.zip

That sorts this issue for most people. The latest RTG driver needs a newer Emu68 build that's not yet been released
Old 01 June 2024, 00:17   #702
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Thanks.

That solved it. Must have installed newer version and never switched to test it, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemaru View Post
Try using the older RTG driver here
https://github.com/michalsc/Emu68-to...414-2fecf0.zipThat sorts this issue for most people. The latest RTG driver needs a newer Emu68 build that's not yet been released
Old 01 June 2024, 06:19   #703
klx300r

Thumbs up

@ Thomas Richter

while testing screen modes to get the best prefetch #'s I ended up messing around with some settings and I somehow got rid of all those artifacts ?!?!

here's a vid of the worst hor banding/glitches game working flawlessly now...wish I remembered what i changed but if any VA2000 owners have this same issue PM here and I'll give you each setting value.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7nw53...euivwao94&dl=0
Old 01 June 2024, 08:55   #704
Thomas Richter

Well, thank you, but where *are* actually the values? The link gives me a movie, which does not help. I suggest to send me the values just by mail, ideally along with your P96 settings file. My email has not changed:

thomas dot richter at alumni dot tu-berlin dot de

Thank you,
Thomas
Old 01 June 2024, 23:05   #705
klx300r

Thumbs up

@Thomas Richter

I'll send you my P96 settings but barely touched messing around with pre-fetch numbers and changed some settings in P96 settings and it's working great so I have no intention of touching anything else moving forward and screwing things up again
Old 02 June 2024, 01:50   #706
Thomas Richter

Sorry, I do not understand. I did not receive any values, so I cannot update the driver. I did not receive any settings, so I can neither reproduce anything. Thus, I'm not sure how I can potentially work on the driver with no information??
Old 02 June 2024, 11:59   #707
Thomas Richter

Apparently, basing this driver on the Elbox solution was mis-interpreted as if I would only want to support this particular PCI bridge. That is certainly not the case, and I wanted to come up with a broader solution. Unlike my initial claims, openpci is apparently sufficient, and I updated the driver to be based on openpci. The result is attached - it should hopefully work on all PCI bridges.

Drawback is that openpci is not found on Aminet (at least I could not find it), and that there are no license conditions included, so I do not know whether this can be put into the commercial distribution. But, alas, there is now a generic voodoo driver for all PCI bridges. As a nice bonus, the driver is now able to handle more than one voodoo card in the system (in case you have two graphic cards in the system... (-
Attached Files
File Type: lha Voodoo.lha (10.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 02 June 2024, 12:23   #708
Wrangler

Excellent work! From a quick internet search, the source to OpenPCI appears to be here: https://github.com/jeperk/OpenPCI and is governed by GPL2.1.

I'm curious about what your ultimate intentions for this are? Including as part of P96?
Old 02 June 2024, 12:39   #709
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler View Post
Excellent work! From a quick internet search, the source to OpenPCI appears to be here: https://github.com/jeperk/OpenPCI and is governed by GPL2.1.
There is no source for Mediator, Amithlon or GRex there. Only Prometheus.
Old 02 June 2024, 13:36   #710
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler View Post
I'm curious about what your ultimate intentions for this are? Including as part of P96?
Yes, though note that OpenPCI could not be included as it does not formulate a license on its web page at all. Unfortunately, I could not reach out for the authors to receive a license, and using only a wrapper for vendor-specific solutions is neither ideal - thus something needs still to be done here.

The GPL version is unacceptable due to a license that is too restrictive, and support for hardware is too narrow.
Old 03 June 2024, 11:14   #711
jostberg

Are you planning a Radeon driver as well? Or maybe the one from Elbox is good enough.
Old 03 June 2024, 12:14   #712
Locutus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
The GPL version is unacceptable due to a license that is too restrictive, and support for hardware is too narrow.
Note that it's LGPL, not GPL. So linking with it doesn't require you to disclose your own driver code.
Old 03 June 2024, 13:14   #713
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jostberg View Post
Are you planning a Radeon driver as well? Or maybe the one from Elbox is good enough.
I have a radeon (actually, a Rage XL) here, so yes, but I first need to care about PCI.