English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 14 May 2024, 15:30   #261
AestheticDebris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCP alert View Post
There is no such thing as a defined speed of loading on C64 as even early 1984 that far exceed the loading speed of the fastest CPC tape OR disk loaders, the myths have been busted and put up on youtube years ago lol
I've agreed multiple times that turbo loaders on tape probably hit similar rates and variations comes down to protection schemes or size of data being loaded (which is very difficult to consistently compare).

I've yet to see a real world example of a C64 tape exceeding the speed of the Amstrad disks though. Elite loads on a CPC in about 30 seconds from disk, are you sure about that claim?
Old 14 May 2024, 15:32   #262
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by AestheticDebris View Post
I've agreed multiple times that turbo loaders on tape probably hit similar rates and variations comes down to protection schemes or size of data being loaded (which is very difficult to consistently compare).

I've yet to see a real world example of a C64 tape exceeding the speed of the Amstrad disks though. Elite loads on a CPC in about 30 seconds from disk, are you sure about that claim?
Elite is not the only case of disk game loading faster on CPC.
Old 14 May 2024, 16:58   #263
AestheticDebris

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Elite is not the only case of disk game loading faster on CPC.
I didn't mean to suggest it was, as far as I'm aware it's not a particularly unusual loader. I mentioned it as the C64 load time was mentioned as 90 seconds. I'm curious to see a C64 tape version loading faster...
Old 20 May 2024, 15:24   #264
Ian
Global Moderator

Exclamation General warning

Play nicely folks, or don't play at all.

If you cannot engage in discourse without resorting to pettiness, insults or condescendence than perhaps don't bother.