English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 23 February 2024, 16:23   #1
Vershner

Baffled by the input config

Is there any guidance for how to use the input config? I cannot figure out what half of those settings are meant to do and the help chm is woefully terse on that section.

What I am trying to do is switch buttons 1 and 2 on my controller.

I have a Super Smartjoy with a Snes pad. It works fine with UAE but I want button 1 to be the red button.
The trouble is, if I use a custom controller in the Game Ports page and try to remap the buttons UAE misdetects them. This seems to be because the Super Smartjoy for some reason returns two buttons each time I press one. (eg. pressing red returns button 2 and button 5)
This works in the default config, but the remap function always detects the wrong one (button 5).

So, I looked in the input page, and it looks like I should be able to click on a source and change it's function, but the function is greyed out.

I also tried editing the config directly in notepad, but UAE just rewrote it when I tried to use it.

How should this work?
Old 23 February 2024, 19:50   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Strange gamed pad..

Anyway, you should be able to use game ports remap, then manually edit the config file to fix incorrect mapping.

Config entry is: joyportcustomx where x=custom slot number. (j.x.b.y.z=<something>. y is the button number)

If you click test/remap and then click test and press buttons, what appears in the bottom text field? Both buttons or only the "wrong" one?
Old 23 February 2024, 20:53   #3
Vershner

Thanks for your help.
When I click test and press buttons, the text field alternates between the two inputs.

I'm really confused about the config. The app does not seem to be reading from any of the config files.
It claims to be reading from here:
D:\emul\amiga\WinUAE4400_x64\configs

So I edited one of the files in the host folder and loaded that into UAE, but it ignored the changes.

So, as a test, I just edited the description field, but that is not reflected in UAE either. One of the config files does not appear either.

I've attached a screenshot to explain what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	whereismyconfig.png
Views:	28
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	81714  
Old 24 February 2024, 19:10   #4
Michael Doma

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vershner View Post
Is there any guidance for how to use the input config? I cannot figure out what half of those settings are meant to do and the help chm is woefully terse on that section.
Please support my identical request:
"Comprehensible manual for Input settings"
https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=116969