English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 10 February 2024, 14:18   #21
Gorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
but what gets me personally is the general hate against "other" platforms/games/devs.

I honestly did not see any hate there.
"Hate" is a very strong word …
Old 10 February 2024, 15:35   #22
Bren McGuire

that would assume that someone in this board would like to actually moderate which seems like a no-no the message on the previous page by Portuguese Pilot expresses this clearly

i am sorry Portuguese Pilot i know you mean well but the EAB moderation team has pretty much landed and stayed in the paradox of tolerance you clearly say you have seen zealotry and let it slide zealotry is intolerant by definition

and yea you would think people have grown out of this behaviour but i guess some people never mature

Quote:
Originally Posted by copse View Post
Is it not possible to take a stricter moderation hand with these? Personally, I tend to not even notice these in the recent posts list and mentally filter them out.
Old 10 February 2024, 15:52   #23
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren McGuire View Post
that would assume that someone in this board would like to actually moderate which seems like a no-no the message on the previous page by Portuguese Pilot expresses this clearly

i am sorry Portuguese Pilot i know you mean well but the EAB moderation team has pretty much landed and stayed in the paradox of tolerance you clearly say you have seen zealotry and let it slide zealotry is intolerant by definition

and yea you would think people have grown out of this behaviour but i guess some people never mature

I know a lot of you - under the guise of political correctness and whatever are the new fads these days - are very strict and very intolerant towards different opinions and different 'modes d'être' with very little concerns about things like local cultures and whatnot; that you would thoroughly enjoy and even bask at the opportunity to drill the ban hammer and honestly, if any of you came to moderated a forum like this, it would become a very different place. A lot less lively, I think... I hope that day is still far away since I - and many others - enjoy EAB for what it is and for HOW it is. You call it "tolerance" as if it was a bad thing... The opposite of tolerance is intolerance. Would you rather have that? What if we were intolerant towards the ways YOU think or express yourself? Would you still want that sort of "intolerance"? If we were to impose that sort of stance around here, EAB would stop being what it is and start to become a dictatorship where the Admins and the Moderators would impose their way. Surely some of you would enjoy that, wouldn't you? Especially if you were on the team. But I'm not the top dog around here. If they ever decide to give any of you free reign, then so be it. Until then, this place will continue to be a place where freedom of speech and opinion is tolerated as long as it happens within the established rules. EAB will continue to be EAB under my watch. If you want it to be anything else than what it is, ask the Admins to become mods. Who knows? Maybe they'll grant you your wish...
Old 12 February 2024, 08:17   #24
BSzili
old chunk of coal

I'm glad I was able to spark lively discussion, and even revive some old what if threads that had no activity for weeks, which is certainly long in what if terms - usually people post in them almost every day.
When it comes to a separate forum section people seem to focus on quarantining what if threads, but what if we look at it from the other direction? Let's say someone wants to search in the vast amount of information produced in these threads. Currently their only option is selecting the "Amiga scene" forum, but then the results will be polluted by all the small mundane threads that have nothing to do with what could have been