English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 04 October 2023, 12:47   #101
kremiso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha One View Post
...Here is another small update:

https://easyupload.io/s8pumw

Works with music in every level now, fast ram or 1 mb chip should work, endboss level 4 now works (without another disk access) and the real high score gfx is now in.

I try to find out what's the matter with those gfx bugs in level 1 tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend !
a couple of fast tests

now ok with 1MB Chip too, levels 2,3 and 4 completed with A500 and both kickstart 1.2 and 1.3

personally i dont like that crap modified highscore tile on level 3

i dont know if can be useful, but i found that if you dont shoot at all when on first level and just proceed into it, the gfx strangely stays ok (ofc with energy trainer)

final boss ok
---

minor picky things, using an A500+ configuration the game crash in HALT2 at boot;
with an A600 config the game loads fine but the trainer isn't displayed at boot, and the game starts with all the trainer options activated;

degrading the cpu to 68000 is making the game working fine also with an A1200 config (gfx glitches using 68020)
Old 04 October 2023, 17:46   #102
Amiga A500 Rulz
Banned

Quote:
I have seen this also but I don't think that the word HIGHSCORE makes any sense at the start of Level 3. I prefer this strange art attached. :-)

Alpha mate,...........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! No, No, No
After all the effort you're putting into this especially when all I wanted was a invincy trainer is amazing, it really is apprieciated and I had no idea it would be such a big job as I had no idea It's an extended ADF which is why I'm guessing you've had to recrack it BUT PLEEEEEASE do not leave that horrible art in at beginning of Level 3, I know too that it doesn't really make much sense but It's part of the game and it looks nice, It's what (for whatever reason) the programmer decided to put in, maybe so you could see your artwork in the game It'slef after achieving the hiscore which is a joke really as It's almost impossible to do any decent art on that thing without it ending up looking like it was drawn by a 3yr old, but please return the HISCORE plaque there too and keep it as close to the original release as possible, you can't leave your hard work having it topped off with that uncorrected plaque

And PLEEEEASE, will someone give me the info on what I asked above regarding why 2 versions,...one full screen and the other being pushed up the screen by 3inches resulting in the top of the pic missing and a huge black border at the bottom, why did CLASSIC decide on that cropped version and why was there a cropped version in the first place, I need to know to put my curiosity to rest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	72
Size:	441.8 KB
ID:	80394  

Last edited by Amiga A500 Rulz; 04 October 2023 at 18:00.
Old 04 October 2023, 18:21   #103
Alpha One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga A500 Rulz View Post
Alpha mate,...........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! No, No, No
After all the effort you're putting into this especially when all I wanted was a invincy trainer is amazing, it really is apprieciated and I had no idea it would be such a big job as I had no idea It's an extended ADF which is why I'm guessing you've had to recrack it BUT PLEEEEEASE do not leave that horrible art in at beginning of Level 3, I know too that it doesn't really make much sense but It's part of the game and it looks nice, It's what (for whatever reason) the programmer decided to put in, maybe so you could see your artwork in the game It'slef after achieving the hiscore which is a joke really as It's almost impossible to do any decent art on that thing without it ending up looking like it was drawn by a 3yr old, but please return the HISCORE plaque there too and keep it as close to the original release as possible, you can't leave your hard work having it topped off with that uncorrected plaque

And PLEEEEASE, will someone give me the info on what I asked above regarding why 2 versions,...one full screen and the other being pushed up the screen by 3inches resulting in the top of the pic missing and a huge black border at the bottom, why did CLASSIC decide on that cropped version and why was there a cropped version in the first place, I need to know to put my curiosity to rest.
Ok, I replaced one file so there is the Highscore banner back in Level 3 now. :-)
Old 04 October 2023, 18:57   #104
grafpatrick

Democratic decision. The majority has decided. Thank you very much, Alpha One:-)

Quote:
Ok, I replaced one file so there is the Highscore banner back in Level 3 now. :-)
Old 04 October 2023, 19:54   #105
Amiga A500 Rulz
Banned

Quote:

PHEW!!! Never thought I'd say this but finally a sane decision in an insane world

P.s, feel free to pop over anything you need me to take a look or playtest at this game over to me email dude
Old 04 October 2023, 23:15   #106
ross
Defendit numerus

Gasp.. it's very hard to make it work (properly) on bare 512KB (with all functions enabled and single disk)!
I only do it for personal satisfaction, it's a very fun and intriguing challenge.

Tomorrow I hope to have an alpha version that starts at least the first level and allows saving the hiscore
(the first level works well and doesn't seem to have any glitches, but it needs to be tested thoroughly and in various configurations).
Old 05 October 2023, 00:58   #107
kremiso

the coder didn't want the game copied
the highscore pic used in level 3 seems also a way to raise the difficulty level
Old 05 October 2023, 01:08   #108
ZEUSDAZ

Hi Alpha, I just wanted to also share my appreciation for the work you're putting in which will hopefully result in us (or in my case anyway) to be able to play this full screen version on real hardware.
I also personally never knew this version exsisted until I had a little chat with Ross who I thought actually made it full screen himself lol, as a few mentioned in this thread I also never knew 2 versions of the game exsisted, I too only had the CLASSIC crack version with the cut-off screen thinking that was the final version they released and yet the back of the box stated it was full screen, why was only Germany in Europe who had the full screen version?!

Anyway, good luck with this project!
Old 05 October 2023, 04:45   #109
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEUSDAZ View Post
Hi Alpha, I just wanted to also share my appreciation for the work you're putting in which will hopefully result in us (or in my case anyway) to be able to play this full screen version on real hardware.
I also personally never knew this version exsisted until I had a little chat with Ross who I thought actually made it full screen himself lol, as a few mentioned in this thread I also never knew 2 versions of the game exsisted, I too only had the CLASSIC crack version with the cut-off screen thinking that was the final version they released and yet the back of the box stated it was full screen, why was only Germany in Europe who had the full screen version?!

Anyway, good luck with this project!
US version is fullscreen. The PAL version released in europe by Rainbow arts was PAL size.
Old 05 October 2023, 17:55   #110
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
US version is fullscreen. The PAL version released in europe by Rainbow arts was PAL size.

That still doesn't make sense to me, I mean there are loads of Amiga PAL (European) games that were full overscan and the fullscreen version of The Plague I downloaded states Germany which as we all know is Europe, so again that still does not explain why 3-inches off the screen were cut off on the other version, I mean for what reason?,...and why didn't the crack groups simply crack the overscan version instead of the Pan & Scan version CLASSIC cracked?,...unless of course the small screen version was compatible to both PAL and NTSC lands whereas the fullscreen version wasn't and was just intended by the publisher to be a German release which is why we outside Germany never saw it and the crack group went with the small screen choice allowing both picture lands to play it?!,...hmm, possible.

UPDATE: Ah, I just found this interesting EAB old thread which enlightens me somewhat about that bottom border issue but it still doesn't explain to some of us why a fullscreen version of The Plague was released for PAL Amiga's within Germany only and the rest of us in Europe never saw it: https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=73453

Last edited by ZEUSDAZ; 06 October 2023 at 01:28.
Old 06 October 2023, 21:49   #111
Alpha One

Sadly I need to skip this 1-Disk project, the "new highscore" part with different tune takes another (crunched) 75 kb that I can't fit to 1 disk anymore. Last hope is Ross with all his experience to make this happen, good luck. ;-)
Old 06 October 2023, 22:45   #112
Amiga A500 Rulz
Banned

Quote:
Sadly I need to skip this 1-Disk project, the "new highscore" part with different tune takes another (crunched) 75 kb that I can't fit to 1 disk anymore. Last hope is Ross with all his experience to make this happen, good luck. ;-)

Just sent you an email bud.
Old 07 October 2023, 09:22   #113
kremiso

Quote:
please consider a boot disk + game disk in alternative, you are so close
Old 11 October 2023, 00:09   #114
ross
Defendit numerus

I have received a few messages regarding the progress of creating an ADF for this game.
I give an answer to everyone here: it will be there and soon.

The problem is that this game version was never cracked properly.

Right now I already have a prototype that bypasses all the protections, you just have to have a few days of patience because it is very complex and tedious to organize a disk version.

Old 11 October 2023, 07:18   #115
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Old 15 October 2023, 09:42   #116
kremiso

i...

can...

wait...

lol seriously i want to thank you all who have tried and are still trying to afford this little bastard
Old 15 October 2023, 22:01   #117
ross
Defendit numerus

A little more time and the wait will be over.
Everything is going well, don't worry.

There is also enough space for a nice cracktro
Old 26 October 2023, 11:42   #118
kremiso

something really sweet is coming, i've seen the light