English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 27 May 2004, 21:05   #21
tomcat666
Retro Freak

It is totally unofficial - yes... But it is VERY good Atleast as playable as the original, but with 4 players
Old 28 May 2004, 21:19   #22
Marlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkis21
Wow, all I can say is that it would be fantastic if someone could do it.
I see from your signature that you're getting crapper at Kick Off by the year. Hang your head in shame...
Old 29 May 2004, 05:58   #23
JohnnyWalker
aka ThunderPeel2001

I have to say that the character graphics look poor
Old 11 September 2004, 17:40   #24
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Question "International Karate +" for Playstation...

Sorry, i'm going to get a bit "off the topic"... and a little near it too ( )

Some time ago... a year or so... i had read in a "PSX Extreme" magazine (anyone knows it ) that there is a PSX port of an not quite known ... and not really playable ... game named "Internationall Karate +"...
Anyone might have seen it/play it?

Seeya,
Shoonay

PS: I know for sure that a russian version of "Mortal Kombat 2" exists on PSX too!
Old 14 September 2004, 17:28   #25
ant512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay
Some time ago... a year or so... i had read in a "PSX Extreme" magazine (anyone knows it ) that there is a PSX port of an not quite known ... and not really playable ... game named "Internationall Karate +"...
Anyone might have seen it/play it?
Yep, it was written by Awesome Developments:

http://www.awesome.uk.com/

This is Archer MacLean's latest company. The PlayStation version of IK+ wasn't written by MacLean, but by a team of other programmers. It does not use the original music (it has a weedy recreation of the original theme), and the game is identical to the Game Boy Advance version (even down to having the same collision detection problems). It uses the original control method (single firebutton, so the others are unused), and is reasonably close to the original - you probably won't notice the differences unless you've spent 4 months making a Flash conversion of it (for example).

If you have the original game, it's not worth getting unless you're extremely curious or you're a hardcore IK+ fan.
Old 14 September 2004, 17:38   #26
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant512
If you have the original game, it's not worth getting unless you're extremely curious or you're a hardcore IK+ fan.
I do have the "original", but i also want to feel the beautiful smooth shapes of the PSX pad in my hands, with the extreme playability of the IK+ on 2 (maybe 3 with the MultiTap ) players, sittin' each other in most comfortable chairs, and givin' themselves a beat (...in IK+ that is ).