English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 31 January 2013, 12:18   #41
cliveminni

Hi all, sorry I've never commented on here before, I'm Clive Minnican the main coder of Speris Legacy and Minskies Furball's. Nice to meet you all and pleased to hear that some people still have fond memories of our games .

Things just didn't work out back then mainly because Team 17 were a great big pain in the bum and didn't give us the opportunities they promised! The jokes on them though, because all they've every done since is more and more Worms and Alien Breed sequels lol!

Unfortunately, an Amiga sequel to Speris is probably never gonna happen now (unless as a fan project by someone else), but am thinking of maybe releasing a kick-ass sequel on iPhone/Android devices. Is this something that people would be interested in do you think?

Cheers,
Clive.

Old 31 January 2013, 12:25   #42
cliveminni

Re: Salisbury, I left a couple of years ago and moved to Nottingham, when I met my lovely then girlfriend Yanling, now wife (we got married last July - wonderful day!), got two great step kids George and Megalyn, and a new baby boy on the way due April 2013! How times change hahaha!

U can find me on facebook, with username cliveminnican, be great to see u on there

Last edited by prowler; 31 January 2013 at 20:29. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.

Old 01 February 2013, 02:36   #43
jedk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliveminni View Post
Hi all, sorry I've never commented on here before, I'm Clive Minnican the main coder of Speris Legacy and Minskies Furball's. Nice to meet you all and pleased to hear that some people still have fond memories of our games .

Things just didn't work out back then mainly because Team 17 were a great big pain in the bum and didn't give us the opportunities they promised! The jokes on them though, because all they've every done since is more and more Worms and Alien Breed sequels lol!

Unfortunately, an Amiga sequel to Speris is probably never gonna happen now (unless as a fan project by someone else), but am thinking of maybe releasing a kick-ass sequel on iPhone/Android devices. Is this something that people would be interested in do you think?

Cheers,
Clive.
Great to hear from you Clive! I would love a sequel to The Speris Legacy on iPhone/Android. I want to know where Gallus escaped to at the end of the game and what he did! If you need, I would love to help write the storyline.

Cheers,

Jed
Old 19 June 2016, 23:09   #44
s2325
Zone Friend

Non-Amiga version gameplay with commentary [ Show youtube player ]
Old 20 June 2016, 08:55   #45
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Interesting. A tech demo of Witchwood exists. Some interesting gfx in there ripe for borrowing for a home brew rpg game
Old 23 July 2020, 09:48   #46
Stefanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedk View Post
Great to hear from you Clive! I would love a sequel to The Speris Legacy on iPhone/Android. I want to know where Gallus escaped to at the end of the game and what he did! If you need, I would love to help write the storyline.

Cheers,

Jed
7 years late to the party I just replayed the speris legacy for fun and just finished it for first time and saw ending looked up a sequel came across this board was there any ground work laid out for a sequel on phones as this would be brilliant
Old 23 July 2020, 10:23   #47
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Also 7 years later and the joke definitely is not on Team 17 because they're still around and doing some good stuff Perhaps not themselves (more Worms games, ugh), but they're definitely backing some talented people.
Old 25 July 2020, 08:16   #48
AmigaHope

Interesting thread to revisit since Starglider/Perifractic did an episode of his youtube show on Witchwood using assets he was able to recover. That was neat!

Cliveminni's EAB account seems to be deleted. Why did that happen?

But yeah, I'm confused, was Witchwood supposed to be The Speris Legacy 2?
Old 25 July 2020, 09:51   #49
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaHope View Post
Cliveminni's EAB account seems to be deleted. Why did that happen?
Probably:
Quote:
Inactive in the forum:

Members that have not posted more than 10 posts after 6 months of being registered will automatically be deleted. This is fair warning and a reasonable amount of time to contribute 10 posts. In many other forums you have to post several times this amount to be even considered a member.
http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=eab...aq_eab_account
Old 04 May 2023, 03:26   #50
Triple

wow i just found this thread too after finally finishing the speris legacy im very late to the post tho i to was wondering about a sequel on the amiga tho lol . very interesting i see alot of the people who made this game literally live 15 miles from where i grew up salisbury isnt too far from me still to this day . this game was one of the last box versions i ever brought i got it from lansdown near boscombe they had one of the last little computer shops that still sold amiga games until the end . having just pld thru the whole game in about 9 hours (i got stuck alot after the 3rd map as that was as far as id got back in the day ) some of the iteams and placments and how and what to use id have never figured out without a guide lol . very good looking game and the music was god too . well done lads and lass the queen of speris HaHaHa .
Old 04 May 2023, 22:56   #51
Megalomaniac

Witchwood was completely unrelated to the Speris Legacy, beyond both being actiony RPGs in development for Team 17. Those and Worms were pretty much their first diversions from action games.

It'd be interesting to know what went wrong for Binary Emotions with them, my impression was always that they stayed loyal to the Amiga as long as Ocean allowed them to, and they did plenty of non-Worms-or-Alien-Breed stuff for the next few years - Nightlong and World Rally Fever for a start.
Old 04 May 2023, 23:38   #52
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
Witchwood was completely unrelated to the Speris Legacy, beyond both being actiony RPGs in development for Team 17. Those and Worms were pretty much their first diversions from action games.

It'd be interesting to know what went wrong for Binary Emotions with them, my impression was always that they stayed loyal to the Amiga as long as Ocean allowed them to, and they did plenty of non-Worms-or-Alien-Breed stuff for the next few years - Nightlong and World Rally Fever for a start.
For Binary Emotions it was simple.......left it too late in the Amigas commercial life and lead with AGA.

Had Speris lead on OCS/ECS and been released end of 93, start of 94, chances are Speris would have sold OK numbers.

Its really that simple
Old 05 May 2023, 21:41   #53
Megalomaniac

Worms sold 20,000 or so on the Amiga released in late 1995, despite being available on everything else, not a sequel and not adored by every reviewer, so maybe in some extreme cases Amiga games could still be profitable in late 1995. Do we know how many Alien Breed 3D sold, as a guide to whether AGA games could be profitable?
Old 05 May 2023, 23:48   #54
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
Worms sold 20,000 or so on the Amiga released in late 1995, despite being available on everything else, not a sequel and not adored by every reviewer, so maybe in some extreme cases Amiga games could still be profitable in late 1995. Do we know how many Alien Breed 3D sold, as a guide to whether AGA games could be profitable?
Worms also wasn't AGA only and had a lot more hype than Speris did.

Alien Breed 3D also had the cachet of being part of a successful franchise.
Old 06 May 2023, 17:12   #55
BigD

Shame it's failure killed Witchwood as that looked more interesting than just a Legend of Zelda rip off! I always like Feud with the duelling wizards rather than all that RPG stuff talking to peasants about a great calamity nonsense!
Old 06 May 2023, 22:30   #56
Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Shame it's failure killed Witchwood as that looked more interesting than just a Legend of Zelda rip off! I always like Feud with the duelling wizards rather than all that RPG stuff talking to peasants about a great calamity nonsense!
Earlier comments on here suggest that Witchwood was killed, by its programmers seemingly, long before Speris Legacy was completed.
Old 29 July 2023, 18:37   #57
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
There was four of us that did the music.

Ian Ford (AKA Dreamfish/Hoffman) did some
Ian Jolly did some
Keith Baker did a couple
And I did one

Ian Ford did all of the module mixing, i.e. taking peoples individual modules and fitting samples and mod data into other modules to reduce loading and time.
Do you remember who did the sound effects?
Old 29 July 2023, 18:56   #58
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Do you remember who did the sound effects?
Pretty sure that would have been Ian Jolly, he had CD's full of sounds.
Old 29 July 2023, 19:01   #59
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thank you