English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 09 July 2023, 16:43   #1
OlafSch

Aros Vision "Sunrise" available

Overview over Aros Vision "Sunrise". Aros 68k is used as base. That makes it possible to mix AROS binaries and Amiga (68k) binaries. The API implements 3.1 so many programs work without any changes.

From Aros 68k it inherits RTG, AHI, MUI-Implementation (Zune), Diskimage Device, Network Stack, Themeing, Magic Menu functionality. As desktop heavy configured Magellan is used. Datatypes support 24bit colour depth.

Many archive types are predefined and can be browsed and unpacked by doubleclick using a GUI (xadmaster). All common packer are included.

Whdload is preinstalled, iGame is installed as launcher. As roms Aros roms are used (about 70% of all slaves work with them). several games and demos included.

Time is synchronized by start (timezone has to be set in locale prefs).

Shell is very similar to original 3.1.. I have also added many commands and handler from amiga.

The desktop (Magellan) is integrating many of these commands using filetypes and defining specific context menues. Also viewer/player are defined when a filetype is doubleclicked. Examples are many filetypes like mods, sound files, videos, animations and picture types can be viewed or played by simple double click on file. Also you get f.e. conversion options when right click on a file.

For web browsing you can use Amifox together with Amitube to view web pages including youtube. Alternative you can use Aweb. Also FTP access and Email (Simplemail) is supported.

It includes lots of software like games and demos, applications, GUIs and so on.

Here a short overview and selection of included software.

Audio player like AmigaAMP, EaglePlayer and HippoPlayer, Tracker like HyvelyTracker or NewTracker, SoundFX and many other programs.

Developer tools and compiler like ACE, AmiBlitz, AMOS, JForth, FreePascal, E-vo, Modula and Oberon, Skripting languages like Lua and Python.

Emulators like ScummVM, DosBox, Frodo (C64), EmuBoy, Hatari and MasterGear.

It is possible to mount adf and iso, create adf from inserted discs, check virus, make a backup and restore important system files, manipulate discs, harddrive tools and many other. Additional lots of useful software like backup, different filemanager (f.e. DOpus4 and ClassAction), graphic software like wildfire and TVPaint, Icon and font edit software, fractal software, raytracers (Real3D and shell based tools), ignition, picture viewer, PDF viewer, text edit, MakeCD, AmigaEyes, gag software and so on...

Latest additions: AmiDream (AI for photos) and AmiTranslate (Translation of texts"

you can download it from: https://www.aros-vision.de/

Old 11 July 2023, 11:47   #2
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

Fantastic! going to have a play around with it shortly.
Old 11 July 2023, 14:14   #3
Aulapatchuc

I've "installed" it on my WinUAE setup and is working nicely. Have to give it more time and experimentation.
Old 11 July 2023, 15:17   #4
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cummings View Post
Fantastic! going to have a play around with it shortly.
thanx
Old 11 July 2023, 15:18   #5
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aulapatchuc View Post
I've "installed" it on my WinUAE setup and is working nicely. Have to give it more time and experimentation.
thanks hopefully people like it. I have invested a lot of time in recent months to get a complete package
Old 11 July 2023, 15:42   #6
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Will definitely give it a spin Olaf.
Thanks a lot for the hard work (it really shows).
Can this run elsewhere (apart from WinUAE) like real PC with limitations?
Old 11 July 2023, 16:17   #7
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
Will definitely give it a spin Olaf.
Thanks a lot for the hard work (it really shows).
Can this run elsewhere (apart from WinUAE) like real PC with limitations?
I have hopes to get it running on V4 in future. About PiStorm I am not yet sure if possible (it needs aros roms to boot).

On plain PC it cannot be installed because pure 68k. Someone got it running with FS-UAE but there I have no experience. For convenience in development phase I used WinUAE. But it is (from my point of view) slowly coming to the end of development.

For example I am on discord in MEGA65. There was a talk about iff file format loaded in basic (it seems they use iff as a kind of image standard on MEGA65) and someone offered a D81 file with iff images to test. I looked at it and thanks to a nice little tool you can now extract by rightclick and context menu the contents from D81 or D64 images in aros vision so I could open and view the iff picture files
Old 12 July 2023, 09:28   #8
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Running on V4 would be insane!
Thanks for all the work man \o/
Old 12 July 2023, 09:45   #9
AMIGASYSTEM

AROS 68k works well on V4, ApolloOS (AROS version) is based AROS 68k, my AROS One 68k worked on V4 !

Of course you need Apollo Video Drivers and AROS Roms !
Old 12 July 2023, 10:35   #10
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Yes I know it works (despite supporting it, ApolloOS is really basic for my needs so I use OS3.2.x for my V4)
Old 12 July 2023, 11:16   #11
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfilos View Post
Yes I know it works (despite supporting it, ApolloOS is really basic for my needs so I use OS3.2.x for my V4)

Yes in fact I don't distribute AROS One 68k anymore for this reason, my AROS One is native AROS 68k, and without OS3 libraries and system files OS3 included, it greatly lowers compatibility with OS3 software.