English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 10 May 2023, 17:39   #1
Smertje

Help on Linux needed...

Hi to all,

i am trying to install the newest versions of FS-UAE and FS-UAE-Launcher on Ubuntu but can't figure out where to install what... The emulator itself is running when I start it inside it's folder and so does the Launcher. But when I try to start the emulator via the launcher, nothing happens... Kickstarts are available, so everything should work.

Could someone help me to install the necessery files to the right folders? Thank you very much!
Old 10 May 2023, 17:46   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I found this: https://www.mycomputertips.co.uk/114
Hopefully it helps.
Old 11 May 2023, 16:52   #3
ztronzo

You can check here incase this helps
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=113175

Otherwise run it from terminal and see if it complaints
Old 12 May 2023, 07:57   #4
BastyCDGS

Send a message via ICQ to BastyCDGS
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smertje View Post
Could someone help me to install the necessery files to the right folders? Thank you very much!
Just follow the instructions here: https://fs-uae.net/download#ubuntu.

For me, everything worked well after this. Don't forget to install lhasa for lha archives support.
Old 14 May 2023, 10:09   #5
midimax

For the "generic" Linux builds, to be a little bit more flexible at changing the Version myself. I just followed the instruction for the Portable Version without making it actually portable.

Quote:
1. Make sure FS-UAE and FS-UAE-Launcher are stored inside Documents/FS-UAE. I recommend storing them as Documents/FS-UAE/System/FS-UAE-Launcher and Documents/FS-UAE/System/FS-UAE
Meaning I created /FS-UAE/System/ inside my ~/Documents folder and unpacked both .tar.xz archives to there. (And that way I can easily make it portable later if I ever wish to do so )

Then i created some symlinks to my Kubuntu Startmenu.

But basically you can install / unpack it wherever you want as long as you keep both "FS-UAE" and "FS-UAE-Launcher" alongside in the same Directory (and as long you have access rights to that Directory of cause).
Do not mix content from the Laucher Directory/archive with the FS-UAE Directory/archive or vice versa just keep them separate alongside each other.
Old 06 June 2023, 00:03   #6
a_crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smertje View Post
Hi to all,

i am trying to install the newest versions of FS-UAE and FS-UAE-Launcher on Ubuntu but can't figure out where to install what... The emulator itself is running when I start it inside it's folder and so does the Launcher. But when I try to start the emulator via the launcher, nothing happens... Kickstarts are available, so everything should work.

You'll find life much easier if you install it from the repos. Just copy and paste the commands from here:

https://fs-uae.net/download#ubuntu

Into a terminal window. Do them one line at a time. It will install FS-UAE for you and add the relevant shortcuts to your program menu.