English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 04 May 2023, 15:54   #41
DanielAllsopp

Well I hold my hands up and admit I was 100% wrong! You can choose any of the 16 colour banks for your sprites with BPLCON4. My apologies.

On the upside, this is now a major boost for my project and free's up some much needed palette entries!
Old 04 May 2023, 16:00   #42
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
I'm not sure I could get my head around scorpion-tbh.
Well, it's super easy, especially if you have limited experience with other game makers. Also comes with ready-made game examples so it should be as easy as replacing some of the gfx on those games to get a first introduction to the engine. Also there's a big and extremely helpful community around to help with anything you might need.
Old 04 May 2023, 16:10   #43
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAllsopp View Post
Well I hold my hands up and admit I was 100% wrong! You can choose any of the 16 colour banks for your sprites with BPLCON4. My apologies.

On the upside, this is now a major boost for my project and free's up some much needed palette entries!
Imo It's always good to be able to admit when we are wrong- I hope your game goes well.
Old 04 May 2023, 16:13   #44
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsak View Post
Well, it's super easy, especially if you have limited experience with other game makers. Also comes with ready-made game examples so it should be as easy as replacing some of the gfx on those games to get a first introduction to the engine. Also there's a big and extremely helpful community around to help with anything you might need.
It's tempting but if i find someone who wants to work with scorpion I'd do the art. I've an unmade game called Supernova that's a good scorpion candidate- its a simple enough game. All the graphics are done ages ago.
Old 04 May 2023, 19:06   #45
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

The only reason I didn't recommend Scorpion earlier was that I think it cross-develops from Windows only. I don't use Windows on any system.
Old 12 May 2023, 14:05   #46
Mixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow View Post
The only reason I didn't recommend Scorpion earlier was that I think it cross-develops from Windows only. I don't use Windows on any system.
That might only be a minor inconvenience.. At least one user is running it in a Wine wrapper under Linux and I’ve run it in Parallels occasionally on Mac too. wouldn’t surprise me if it runs ok in virtualbox, and considering Win11 is free if you don’t register it, and still works fine, it’s maybe worth trying even on non windows setups.