English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 25 August 2018, 22:42   #1
Yesideez
(2b)||!(2b)

Turbo/warp mode under WINE on Linux

It's permanently enabled and I can't switch it off.

When I reset the emulator and hold down both mouse buttons to get into the early startup control it boots up before I can press both mouse buttons.

Pressing END+BREAK does nothing - is there anyway I can switch it off without using the keyboard please?

(I've also noticed that the lcommand and rcommand (the Amiga keys) and a combo in Workbench doesn't respond either. I've set ToolsDaemon up to open a new CLI window on rcommand+w and nothing happens. Tried rcommand+N for New Drawer and Linux opens another browser window)

I'm using the latest version of WinUAE (4.1.0) x64.
Old 29 August 2018, 10:35   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesideez View Post
It's permanently enabled and I can't switch it off.

When I reset the emulator and hold down both mouse buttons to get into the early startup control it boots up before I can press both mouse buttons.

Pressing END+BREAK does nothing - is there anyway I can switch it off without using the keyboard please?

(I've also noticed that the lcommand and rcommand (the Amiga keys) and a combo in Workbench doesn't respond either. I've set ToolsDaemon up to open a new CLI window on rcommand+w and nothing happens. Tried rcommand+N for New Drawer and Linux opens another browser window)

I'm using the latest version of WinUAE (4.1.0) x64.
Check that your config file does not have warp mode force activation. (warp=true)

Misc panel has "1 second reboot pause" option designed for above situation (without warp mode it still can be too fast, especially if JIT is enabled)

Keyboard problem may be wine issue but I have heard there should not be any wine specific issues with winuae.

Use -log -inputlog 1 -inputdevicelog 1 command line parameters and test if both host side and Amiga side keyboard event gets logged.
Old 18 November 2022, 12:32   #3
Falcon

Using WinUAE 4.9.1 64-bit with Wine 7.21 (same with many recent versions), I have found that the PAUSE and NUMLOCK keys are swapped in WinUAE's input handling. No clues about any solutions so far, but as a workaround, I have mapped the NUMLOCK source to "Pause emulation".

Not sure if Warp mode can be remapped, so I just have to toggle it with END+NUMLOCK instead.

Hope this helps someone.
Old 16 December 2022, 14:52   #4
Falcon

Not sure if this is the best thread for it, but since it's already been mentioned and it's sort-of related, here goes:

Running under Windows:

- PAUSE first sends scancode 0x1D (CTRL) with RI_KEY_E1 flag set, which gets ignored by WinUAE (had a look at the source code), followed by scancode 0x45 and VKey 0xFF; the 0xFF causes WinUAE to set bit 7, making the final scancode 0xC5

- NUMLOCK sends scancode 0x45 with no extended flags -> final scancode is 0x45

Running under Linux and Wine:

- PAUSE sends only one RawInput event with scancode 0x45 and VKey 0x13 -> final scancode is 0x45 (interpreted as NUMLOCK)

- NUMLOCK sends scancode 0x45 with RI_KEY_E0 flag, causing WinUAE to set bit 7, making the final scancode 0xC5 (interpreted as PAUSE)

This explains the swapping of the two keys. If a workaround is implemented for this, I would recommend having it enabled via an option like "-winekeyboard".

Detecting Wine and automatically activating the workaround would be risky, since the Wine behaviour might be changed in some future release.

I might have a go at it myself sometime, if I manage to build WinUAE from source.
Old 27 December 2022, 10:58   #5
xc8
no c= no fun

guys the Amiberry works like a charm on linux - can even r/w on raw amiga HDDs/CFs, don't waste your time with 'wine'
Old 28 December 2022, 08:15   #6
SpaceAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc8 View Post
guys the Amiberry works like a charm on linux - can even r/w on raw amiga HDDs/CFs, don't waste your time with 'wine'

Amiberry doesn't support Kickstarts after 3.1 (e.g. 3.1.4, 3.2)

That's why we use "Wine" under linux.
Old 28 December 2022, 10:13   #7
xc8
no c= no fun

weird, I just booted it with 3.2.1 and 3.1.4 and is working, at least on early startup screen as I have no installation of the later workbench (system asks for libs)

amiberry v5.1 on debian (LMDE) , if you need any tests there let me know.

edit:
those kickstarts are booting even with e-UAE 0.8.29 (bit ancient version I think)

-I just used the roms for A500/600 .

Last edited by xc8; 28 December 2022 at 10:18.
Old 30 December 2022, 02:21   #8
SpaceAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc8 View Post
amiberry v5.1 on debian (LMDE) , if you need any tests there let me know.

Now that's interesting. I tried 3.1.4 and 3.2 on Amiberry 5.1 on a Raspberry Pi 4 and it won't boot, I only get a black screen. Early startup doesn't work.

Is the feature set different between X64 and ARM?
Old 30 December 2022, 03:20   #9
Saghalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAce View Post
Is the feature set different between X64 and ARM?
x64 is the 64bit architecture for computers running Windows/MAC/Linux
ARM architecture is for computers running RaspberryPI (PI400 for me).
There are other computer OSes that use ARM as well.

Currently AmiBerry v5.4 works with all 3.xx models. You can visit
https://www.amikit.amiga.sk/ and get the best damned configuration ever
made (IMHO anyway). I just checked, it will not run v4.xxFE - but that's
why we have IBM clones running Windows - correct?

Anyways, have fun!