English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 03 March 2022, 17:33   #21
jayminer

I can do some more tests for you in 3.9 if needed, I think this installation which I copied from my Amiga 1200 a long time ago is running BoingBag 2 but I'm not totally sure. I tried running SnoopDOS to see if I could figure out what was going wrong but couldn't see anything. But since it works if I've manually copied System to C: it feels like it should be something simple, like just making sure lha has enough stack or something...
Old 03 March 2022, 19:06   #22
DisasterIncarna

yeah i didnt even think about stack related issues after i installed MinStack, probably should have though of that as well.
Old 04 March 2022, 18:59   #23
EctoOne

Is it just me or does this tool only work if the UHC directory is SYS:UHC? I moved it to the Utilities folder and used the ChangeDir script to set the new ENV, but then the GUI comes up with the error That an installation of UHC is required.
Old 04 March 2022, 19:28   #24
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by EctoOne View Post
Is it just me or does this tool only work if the UHC directory is SYS:UHC? I moved it to the Utilities folder and used the ChangeDir script to set the new ENV, but then the GUI comes up with the error That an installation of UHC is required.
good catch, yes i just checked and mistakenly assumed UHC was indeed at the root of a HD, updated/fixed that (hopefully) and updated link on first post.
Old 09 March 2022, 20:49   #25
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Works well here on 3.2, thanks for this!

Very nice to finally be able to download mods and stuff from Aminet without having to start iBrowse
Old 15 March 2022, 23:42   #26
EctoOne

I just noticed that it doesn't really work when started in WB mode by ToolsDaemon.

Clicking on Recent Uploads for Aminet gives the error:
Code:
cent failed returncode 10
When searching for a string, the error is:
Code:
rrorsearch failed returncode 10
So it not only seems to cut the first two letters, I assume that cent is recent and rrorsearch is mirrorsearch, but also fails to find the scripts maybe. Switching to CLI mode fixes this, and I don't know if that's an problem caused by the GUI or a general UHC issue. I tried to narrow it by using wbrun to see if changing in the dir with the GUI would help but wbrun won't load the GUI at all.

I also had some socket errors before when searching for something on Aminet but that might be caused by my setup. I'm currently not able to reproduce that to write down the exact error code.

I don't know if that is something that can fixed or is even worth looking into since it is nothing big.
Old 16 March 2022, 02:23   #27
DisasterIncarna

yeah WB mode produces the error/issue, absolutely no idea why, launching it as a cli/shell process works perfectly however.... for reasons unknown.
Old 16 March 2022, 13:46   #28
npagonis73

For me your GUI works perfect under 3.2.1 vampirized A1200. I open it always in CLI mode and never had any error what so ever. Well done for your effort!!! If I can be a bit picky i would like to have a progress bar for the extraction part of the procedure!!! That would be a great addition. One way or another your GUI is great!!
Old 21 June 2022, 19:28   #29
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
For me your GUI works perfect under 3.2.1 vampirized A1200. I open it always in CLI mode and never had any error what so ever. Well done for your effort!!! If I can be a bit picky i would like to have a progress bar for the extraction part of the procedure!!! That would be a great addition. One way or another your GUI is great!!
as this is a GUI for a cli tool package I had to rely on settling for the status indicator, telling you "OK/Ready/Doing This Thing Currently" at the bottom in place of a progress bar which wouldnt really be realistic or useful as the bar would start, the GUI would call the cli tools in question, they would do their thing then return control when its all done.
Old 24 August 2022, 05:53   #30
DisasterIncarna

Version 0.3 also added to original/first post as an attachment and on this post.

V0.3 adds some bugfixes, probably adds more, also adds the option to download from the REMIX.KWED.ORG site to find mp3 music remixes.

Bugtesters who will probably find many bugs near instantly are welcome, those who tried the previous version, see if you get the same or similar issues.

I still get weirdness when launching directly as a workbench program, so as AMIGASYSTEM ended up doing this version launches via IconX to bypass the issue thats still currently got me baffled.

But hey, as long as it works...... which hopefully it does for others, currently still a case of "works for me".

Extra Note: This uses a small tool from aminet called "System" found here: https://aminet.net/package/util/cli/System

the GUI "Should" download it and place it in C: if its not already present, ignore any popups/errors if you dont have it, "System" forces
UHC Tools to redirect its output into a text file correctly for the GUI to use, so if you dont have it originally, you could get a window popup
when it downloads, its no big deal.

If the file fails to download for whatever reason just download manually with the link above and place it in C:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Update03.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	76390  

Last edited by DisasterIncarna; 17 September 2022 at 02:25.
Old 25 August 2022, 01:19   #31
EctoOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterIncarna View Post
I still get weirdness when launching directly as a workbench program, so as AMIGASYSTEM ended up doing this version launches via IconX to bypass the issue thats still currently got me baffled.
What kind of weirdness do you mean? I just renamed the new executable and replaced the old version, so no IconX, on my system and haven't noticed any problems so far.
Old 25 August 2022, 09:01   #32
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
What kind of weirdness do you mean? I just renamed the new executable and replaced the old version, so no IconX, on my system and haven't noticed any problems so far.
really? might have to see if others are ok or have the old issue, i also didnt have the issue others had but it was reported/displayed in screenshots by others and i could eventually reproduce the issue on 1 of my WB3.1 installs, on 3.2 i had/have zero issues so left it as a CLI/Shell launch as a "just in case" catchall remedy.

"Weirdness" was/is the issue with UHC commands seemingly not being issued correctly for some reason when the GUI ran as WB rather than Shell, it happened/happens and i still have no idea why, people would get popups of the various commands failing or having part of their names cut-off, some previous posts will show this. I still dont know what causes this so havent changed the way the UHC commands are launched, i mean, you just call them, nothing fancy or different so no idea why the previous issue happens or happened. Your previous post regarding launching by ToolsDaemon in WB mode would qualify as "weirdness"

Also have you tried out the KWED addition yet? it should bag 2 or so pages of "Recent" and should function ok in searches, might be slower than the normal sites UHC supports out of the bag as I am basically scraping/parsing raw html for the KWED side of things, still working on trying to do the same for the AmigaRemix site as well but thats proving a bit harder than KWED so thats for a future version....hopefully.

Last edited by DisasterIncarna; 25 August 2022 at 16:36.
Old 25 August 2022, 21:55   #33
EctoOne

I still have the issue when I run it in WB MODE with ToolsDaemon, which I have reported before. But it works fine when double-clicking the non IconX icon and when I start it from WBDock2.

I just tried KWED but it is complaining about missing the amissl library. But since I don't actually have it that's ok? My current system runs on uae4arm, so I never really bothered with installing anything internet related since I thought bdsocket was good enough.

Oh, that reminds me. Would it be possible to add support to set the download dir and method? Maybe through Args or Tooltypes. I personally prefer to use GET and to manually extract the files and having to switch the mode every time is a little bit annoying.
Old 25 August 2022, 22:05   #34
DisasterIncarna

the box top/right which is set to "Auto" means extract if it knows its an archive and get if its say an mp3/normal file, if you toggle that "Auto" to "Get" then even archives will be, or should be downloaded without extraction, next version i will have it remember your extraction preference so you dont have to change it all the time.

Setting a destination download rather than RAM: is coming in the next update.

Amissl? possibly needed by the newer/updated AGET which UHC Tools uses to download the html pages of KWED, if you havent already btw, open a shell window and type "UHCUPDATE", the GUI needs a more up to date version of UHC's AGET command, the original/older one has issues which the author(s) fixed with an update it just needs you to do the update for it.

If UHC-Tools still insists on amissl.library then you can easily just grab that from aminet, ironically using the GUI.

Last edited by DisasterIncarna; 25 August 2022 at 22:14.
Old 25 August 2022, 23:45   #35
EctoOne

Good to hear about the planned updates. Also maybe an extra option to keep the archive instead of deleting it after it has been extracted would be nice.

And yes, installing AmiSSL fixed the issue, but it's still sad that it is required. Not your fault, but I won't "waste" around 4mb for something I probably won't use. I would like to see if the GUI had a method to check beforehand if the library is available or not and would either prompt to download it or just not show the KWED entry.
Old 26 August 2022, 20:36   #36
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Good to hear about the planned updates. Also maybe an extra option to keep the archive instead of deleting it after it has been extracted would be nice.

And yes, installing AmiSSL fixed the issue, but it's still sad that it is required. Not your fault, but I won't "waste" around 4mb for something I probably won't use. I would like to see if the GUI had a method to check beforehand if the library is available or not and would either prompt to download it or just not show the KWED entry.
good idea, i can just omit the entry all-together until amissl is installed, and instead include mention of amissl in the readme as a requirement for KWED to function, wasnt actually aware or i forgot that UHC's AGET needed amissl, so this is a good reminder.
Old 26 August 2022, 22:08   #37
Firestone

AGET need Amissl? Can't be true, I got it on a single bootdisk with a ribbed TCP/IP-stack, and it works fine without it.
....unless something changed very recently. I know it now has support for it, but don't think it's required unless you're using https.

EDIT: btw, I really like your GUI!
Old 27 August 2022, 00:17   #38
DisasterIncarna

there was a recent update to aget, maybe that added the need? not sure actually, might make a post in the UHC thread just incase. oh https? yeah its using https for the download, its the default for me, didnt even think to try without.

Last edited by DisasterIncarna; 27 August 2022 at 00:52.
Old 30 August 2022, 17:35   #39
DisasterIncarna

New version 0.4 (Experimental)

Not using this version as the main link in the original post "just yet", this version adds potentially breakable things. So until tested by others it wont replace the previous "more stable / kinda works" version.

This adds a few things.

1) Resizable GUI, this isnt as simple for me as i assumed, kinda still working on this, I am aware of a few glitches here and there when resizing, esp when using solidwindowmoving hacks, it can look a tad fugly at the bottom, still trying to fix them, i am aware but it still works well enough as far as i can tell.

2) Menu entries added

Toggle Resize, enables or disables window resizing.
Snapshot Window, Snaps/Saves the window LR,UD and WID,HGT.
UnSnapshot Window, Resets window to unsnapped, default appearance.
Center To Screen, If OCD like me, you can use this after a resize to center the window to look nice and tidy, remember to snapshot the window if you want it permanantly in that position/size.
Quit, Makes the program vanish as if by magic.

3) Saved Choices, The CycleMenu's for Download Type (Auto/Get/Extract) and the Download Site (Aminet/Modland/WHDLoad/Etc) are saved on change and should appear as you left them when quit/relaunched.

4) Extract Location, Defaults to RAM: but can be changed to anywhere you like using the "Dst" button to set your preferred destination for Get/Extract operations, this location is saved/remembered for future use.

The saved options are just quick/simple things, i might do a better prefs window popup later on if needed, still there are several things here to try and break for now .

NOTE: OBSOLETE Due to New version in Original Post.

Last edited by DisasterIncarna; 30 December 2022 at 01:13.
Old 30 August 2022, 22:09   #40
EctoOne

Works and looks fine to me. Although I don't have a use for the new window options. The size is good and I'm already using another tool to center most of my windows.