English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 12 March 2022, 14:38   #21
patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Besson View Post
I’m not changing any of the transfers for the CDs though.

I’m using HDToolBox to only change the values on the HDD partitions. So not sure how this effects the CD drive?
That does not affect the CD drive, there must be some strange side effect. Thats why I asked about termination.

Try removing synch from the RDB and any unitcontrol command line from the startup and see if you get the same results if you are running default asynchronous for everything.
Old 12 March 2022, 15:21   #22
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
That does not affect the CD drive, there must be some strange side effect. Thats why I asked about termination.

Try removing synch from the RDB and any unitcontrol command line from the startup and see if you get the same results if you are running default asynchronous for everything.
Will give it a try. Thanks.
Old 13 March 2022, 08:35   #23
Kin Hell
0ld0r Git

Quote:
So this interesting. Tried changing mask settings and max transfer as above.
So on my test tower setup I’m booting from a Seagate 2GB SCSI-II drive with the 1260 and SCSI kit.

On standard 1fe00 max transfer I was getting around >5MB/sec. I the. Introduced “my unit control” into the startup sequence with P=10 and drive is using Synchron setting via RGB. This put it up to >6MB /sec. Now with also changing the Max Transfer to 0x00FFFFFF I now get >7MB/sec. But changing the max transfer also causes issues with my Nakamichi 16x Speed SCSI CD changer as that then stops being seen. Which has a knock effect with my Mediator and RTG ( Nakamichi on ID5 last device and Terminated and auto starts via mount on DOSDrivers).

Will carry on playing around with it.

Quote:
1230scsi.device = 8.5

Only using 10Mb Synchro on Units 0,4 and 2. 0 = HDD 4 = Jaz Drive 2 = SCSI Multi card Reader

Mediator loses RTG function but maybe tied to Intuition error due to not finding and mounting Multi-CD drive

Using Sysinfo 4.4 for testing speed with

Termination looks to be fine but I am counting on the CD drive termination which normally works fine until I attempt any of the Mask and Max Transfer changes.
Can you physically terminate the SCSI Cable rather than let your Nakamichi do it for you?

Alternatively, try terminating the Cable with a Hard Drive, thereby taking responsibility of termination away from the Nakamichi.

You can't beat a properly terminated cable though.
Old 15 March 2022, 21:25   #24
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
Can you physically terminate the SCSI Cable rather than let your Nakamichi do it for you?

Alternatively, try terminating the Cable with a Hard Drive, thereby taking responsibility of termination away from the Nakamichi.

You can't beat a properly terminated cable though.
It’s next on my list. Keep getting distracted with other projects. At the moment I’ve appeared to have resurrected a Blizzard 603e out of my parts bin

Will investigate further when I get back on track. Will report back.

Thanks