English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 23 December 2021, 11:48   #1
JHKrueger

Amiga 2000 Zorro Slot issues

Hello everyone,

this is my first post to this forum and hence I may have overlooked previous conversions about this very topic despite my best efforts using the search function. So if this question has been asked/answered already, please just yell at me and I'll do another search :-).

Now for my actual question. I recently acquired an old Amiga 2000 that had the usual battery leakage issue but that booted fine to the Kickstart 1.3 logo. I (think) I cleaned everything up and replaced also replaced the Floppy. Now I can boot fine from floppy and so far anything that I tried to load works just as expected, including sound, keyboard mouse and joystick. The Amiga came with a A2092 Bundle (Controller A2090, 20 MB Miniscribe HDD) that did not work (the drive appears to be fine but it would not boot and SysInfo would not even detect the card. So I decided to put that card aside for the time being and start form a Zorro Card that I'm sure use be working and I bought a new Buddha IDE card. Now that card is correctly identified by sysInfo as a Zorro II Card and but I'm still unable to boot from it. Is there a reasonable scenario where the Zorro Slots recognize and autoconfigure cards just fine but still will not work? I also have a 2086 Amiga Bridgeboard (and a 5.25 " Floppy) that came with the Amiga plugged in that is also visible in the sysinfo boards list but I don't know how to use that yet. But it may help in debugging. The board is revision 6.2 and I'm happy to share further information or images on request. Here are the sysInfo screenshots

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B1A5nhQST2Vpjo

Edit: I've now received a Kickstart 3.1 rom and that boots into workbench but still no luck accessing the IDE ports. I've included two images from the preboot screens in the album above. Basically I see the same situation here as in sysinfo. My two Zorro Cards are recognized but I don't see the drive.

Cheers,
Jens

Last edited by JHKrueger; 24 December 2021 at 00:54. Reason: Added comment about Kickstart 3.1
Old 02 February 2022, 09:08   #2
JHKrueger

Just in case someone else is reading this, here is the answer: Apparently reflashing the Buddha card fixed the issue.

Jens