English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 27 August 2021, 14:09   #981
daxb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I noticed "on WinUAE" that with OS 3.2 the copy-paste (A+c /A+v) on some applications doesn't work, for example on Dopus4 if you try to make a copy of a file "name" or path, the copy-paste doesn't work.

This happened also with OS 3.1, with OS 3.9 no problem the copy-paste works everywhere.
Copy/paste for filename or path here works with DOpus4 and DOpus5 on OS 3.1.

Maybe you can try if copy/paste works or not with DOpus5. SnoopDOS says that DOpus4 doesn't open clipboard.device.
Old 27 August 2021, 15:03   #982
AMIGASYSTEM

On OS 3.1 if it works for you on Dopus4 it may be that you have an updated "Conclip" !

As in OS 3.2 also in OS 3.1 copy-paste with file "Conclip" is not allowed, you need a more uptodate version by "Conclip" like the one in OS 3.9

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 27 August 2021 at 15:25.
Old 27 August 2021, 17:37   #983
daxb

I use the original OS3.1 conclip V40.1.
Old 27 August 2021, 17:48   #984
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
I use the original OS3.1 conclip V40.1.
It also sounds weird than conclip which provides clipping for the console (ie the shell) should have an effect for dopus, but I don't dispute AMIGASYSTEM's results - it is just difficult to see how
Old 27 August 2021, 18:06   #985
Amiga68k

Here it works with all OS 3.2 components when this thing called "StringSnip" is acitve. StringSnip is part of the ViNCEd package.

When I disable this and press Amiga-C in the Rename window from DOpus4, an ordinary "c" appears. When active it results in a copy.

Perhaps related?
Old 27 August 2021, 18:12   #986
Thomas Richter

In so far as standard system string gadgets do not support copy/paste, only with StringSnip installed.

To have copy/paste working in the system console, you also need ConClip, and to have iconification of the console window working, this should rather be the conclip of 3.2.
Old 27 August 2021, 18:13   #987
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiga68k View Post
Here it works with all OS 3.2 components when this thing called "StringSnip" is acitve. StringSnip is part of the ViNCEd package.

When I disable this and press Amiga-C in the Rename window from DOpus4, an ordinary "c" appears. When active it results in a copy.

Perhaps related?
Yes very likely, as copy paste from old gadtools and intuition string gadgets don't support cut and paste out of the box, so it has to be either dopus or some third party tool/hack that does it.
Old 27 August 2021, 18:27   #988
Thomas Richter

Tool, please. (-: That's just the ordinary system-wide string-gadget hook intuition offers. Nothing inofficial, all using the publicly available API.
Old 27 August 2021, 18:28   #989
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
Tool, please. (-: That's just the ordinary system-wide string-gadget hook intuition offers. Nothing inofficial, all using the publicly available API.
Tool it is then and a good addition to the system
Old 27 August 2021, 21:11   #990
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I already got into MenuTools and how to add items into WB dropdown menu. Writing the line into the scripts is a very prehistoric method, though. For next Workbench release I would very appreciate if some gui will be created like ToolsDaemon has.

Just a suggestion.
Old 27 August 2021, 21:29   #991
Daedalus

I quite like THE (a contribution included with OS3.9), which was a front-end for a very similar setup - essentially an ARexx script that added all the configured menu items and keyboard shortcuts from WBStartup. Perhaps a similar GUI could be added at some point?
Old 27 August 2021, 21:52   #992
Amiga68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
For next Workbench release I would very appreciate if some gui will be created like ToolsDaemon has.

Just a suggestion.
Good suggestion. In the meantime if you want to play with a GUI, I suggest using the 'Enhanced ToolsDaemon Prefs Editor'. To use this effectively you need the following three components:
- RxTD(.lha)
- TDPrefs2(.lha)
- Triton (opentriton-usr.lha)

Don't use the installers for these tools, just handpick what you need/want.

RxTD:
- Unpack the archive and copy the files from RxTD/Rexx to S:
- Copy RxTD/Rexx/RxTDMenu.info to SYS:WBStartup

You have a file in S: now called RxTDCreateMenu. When you don't want to change this file you also need to:
- Copy WBRun to C:
- Copy wbstart.library to LIBS:

Since this thread is about OS3.2 it is not mandatory to copy WBRun and wbstart.library, because the OS has WBLoad. Best is to fire up your editor and change the following sentence in S:RxTDCreateMenu (do this before you create a prefs file with the GUI):

Find:
Code:
Call WriteLN('DScript','C:WBRun '||line)
Change to:
Code:
Call WriteLN('DScript','WBLoad '||line)
TDPrefs2:
Copy TD_Prefs2 to SYS:Prefs/ToolsPrefs

Triton:
Copy triton.library to LIBS:

Now simpy start ToolsPrefs and off you go

(Please let me know when you tried it. It has been a while since I've done this and I might have forgotten an important step... I think it's complete now though and a good method of using OS components, a nice (Triton) GUI and a couple of Rexx scripts: very system friendly!)
Old 27 August 2021, 21:59   #993
Swe_Kryten2x4b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
I quite like THE (a contribution included with OS3.9), which was a front-end for a very similar setup - essentially an ARexx script that added all the configured menu items and keyboard shortcuts from WBStartup. Perhaps a similar GUI could be added at some point?
As a sidenote, the THE menu-entries can be added into MenuTools quite easily so the very handy defaults of THE are available. Basically just cut-n-paste.
Old 28 August 2021, 23:19   #994
amiga1260

When I use a GVP1230 II card 68030 @50MHz, 68882@50MHz and 32 MB, then my CF card will slow down very much like about the half of the speed. I measured it with Sysinfo 3.24. First I tried with sofkicking AmigaOS 3.2 and also have this problemn with Kickstart ROM 3.2 fitted.

The Filesystem I used for are FFS AmigaOS 3.2 and PFS. I also changed the buffers and to 4K size.
Old 29 August 2021, 13:16   #995
Olaf Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiser3 View Post
Could the easter egg be on a web site somewhere?
No, if you bought AmigaOS 3.2 then the easter egg is directly in your reach and you do not need to go online in order to find it.
Old 29 August 2021, 13:30   #996
Olaf Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
If they are the same with a binary comparison, there goes my theory

Have you done a binary comparison on the various workbench.libraries? That would most certainly exclude it, and if so, we need to look elsewhere.
This is indeed a good idea, but starting with AmigaOS 3.1.4 any secret messages and easter eggs have been removed from workbench.library altogether.

You may have read how the AmigaOS 3.5 and 3.9 easter eggs can be revealed. That was pretty complicated and it's the sort of miracle that it was discovered so quickly back then which hinges on Piru taking an interest in finding it

Not to give too much away: finding the AmigaOS 3.2 easter egg does not require windows to opened and dragged to certain positions and keys to be hit in a secret sequence.
Old 29 August 2021, 20:56   #997
mateusz_s

Instaling 3 filesystems?

Hi,
Can you explain me whe the author of this video clip is doing?
It looks like he installing or adding 3 filesystems or some variants..

Is that necessary in Amiga OS 3.2. Will it slow down the system? Should I also
make this in AmigaOS 3.2? I never done that before.. is it better? worse?

Look at the video clip - at time 06:34
[ Show youtube player ]

And another thing. Should I only Read Configuration and use default values for 2GB CF card? (with 4096 kb block size) or there are some additional parameters that should be fine tuned?

Thanks..
Old 01 September 2021, 14:54   #998
crazyc

I am migrating my 3.2 setup top my a1200 tower with mediator, which has not been without its difficulties. I have functional Voodoo card, ethernet and USB however, but am struggling with the soundcard.
I know the hardware is functional as when I boot into my 3.9 setup everything works. I have the Paula sound set to go into the soundcard on the line in.
I get no sound however via the card when using 3.2.
I am using the same SB driver (4.20) and am using Ghostmix (and have created the required directopry in ENVARC)
What do I need to have in place to get the soundcard to work even just as a passthrough?
I have put the required line in th userstartup as well.
Any thoughts welcome......

EDIT: I AM AN IDIOT.

curse the fact I didn't note that all the sliders had the mute button activated underneath them. D'oh!

Last edited by crazyc; 01 September 2021 at 23:14.
Old 02 September 2021, 18:19   #999
Rotzloeffel

Old 03 October 2021, 00:24   #1000
Futaura

Executive

I saw mentions of Executive earlier in this thread, particularly by @Swe_Kryten2x4b, and I had the same issue. Lots of weird things hanging and windows failing to open.

I found a better solution than running Executive later on and I still run it from the Startup-sequence. You should add the ramlib task to ExecutivePrefs and set it to noschedule + above. Then everything will work fine, as before. My guess is that there is a race condition bug somewhere in one of the new OS 3.2 libraries.Perhaps intuition.library, or one of the classes (I found that replacing window.class with an older version, also solved the problem without having to stop scheduling ramlib).

I was also getting crashes from DOpus Magellan too (running in WBR mode or not) when launching scripts. This only happened with Executive running and this time adding DO_LAUNCHER to ExecutivePrefs as noschedule + above solved it.