English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 17 March 2017, 00:21   #1
ZEUSDAZ

Project zx longplayed! :-d

Here you go guys after many of you kept requesting it from me, finally here it is, a longplay of the AWESOME Project ZX game.

So the story is, Sir Clive Sinclair is seriously p*ssed-off with all us kids back in the day that used his invention for games only and not It's intended purpose which was for learning at home after school.
He embarks on evil retribution by unleashing hundreds of characters from around 100 games to destroy you, but you can stop this by controlling your fighter and blasting your way through a dozen levels across many games released by many software houses on your mission to confront Sir Clive himself.
This is an absolute wonderful game, cleverly invented and implimented to full enjoyment, I found myself smirking hugely with nostalgia seeing all these classic games of my past, it really is a great idea of a game and a total joy and laugh to play.
Included in this longplay is the full game including the secret bonus stage, progression screen, ending and hifi music screen, all times listed below.
I really hope you all enjoy watching this longplay, officially the first longplay recorded of this amazing game Project ZX.
All level start times are shown in the Youtube video.
Note: first few minutes is game and spoiler alert info for your own good just in case you do not wish it to spoil any surprises if you are still playing the game.
Download the game here below and consider donating a small payment for all the hard work that's gone into this game for you to play free of charge: http://www.langfordproductions.com/projectzx.html

PROJECT ZX LONGPLAY:
[ Show youtube player ]

All the best, Zeus.

Last edited by ZEUSDAZ; 22 March 2017 at 01:21.
Old 17 March 2017, 07:56   #2
utri007
mä vaan

Idea is great Would be nice to do something like this to Amiga.

Bit of topic, never get why Sinclair was so popular. There was better computers, some of them was also british origin. Like Amstrad CPC and Acorn BBC.

I made some testing with 4 diffrent computers. You can easily spot spectrum versions here and not good way.

Last edited by utri007; 30 May 2022 at 18:43.
Old 17 March 2017, 13:20   #3
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by utri007 View Post
Idea is great Would be nice to do something like this to Amiga.

Bit of topic, never get why Sinclair was so popular. There was better computers, some of them was also british origin. Like Amstrad CPC and Acorn BBC.

I made some testing with 4 diffrent computers. You can easily spot spectrum versions here and not good way.
Spectrum was a good all rounder with a fair asking price at the shops with a massive library of games which made it a huge success with parents and kids.
BBC Micro was considered a computer for snobby kids and rich parents,...I knew one guy as school who had one and he was spoilt rotten by his Gran, I think kids at private schools would certainly have had one even though I personally didn't like the games that came on that machine, also in a public school a kid who had a choice of owning a BBC Micro risked getting beat up for beeing spoilt or at least not befriended,...kids can be cruel.
Amstrad,...no chance, the games may have looked better in stills but the moment they moved,...yuk, noone I knew at school owned one of those or wanted one, it was the runt of the family, you had to also own an ugly green screen monitor at the time for it to work (or colour if you had money) and the games were awful, sooooo slow and jerky that kids in general asked their parents NOT to get them one at xmas or birthday,...to make sure they either get a ZX Spectrum (128k if possible) or a C64.
In fact yes a kid did have one as a few of us wanted to see what their versions of our fav games looked like,....crap, his parents sold it for a C64 I believe.
Old 17 March 2017, 13:29   #4
nobody

I don't know why but I think spectrum games had better gameplay because they were faster than the CPC at all times. Sometimes it was better than c64 versions too.
Operation Wolf, target renegade, chase hq, Batman and many more were much better on the spectrum.
Old 18 March 2017, 13:03   #5
ZEUSDAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
I don't know why but I think spectrum games had better gameplay because they were faster than the CPC at all times. Sometimes it was better than c64 versions too.
Operation Wolf, target renegade, chase hq, Batman and many more were much better on the spectrum.
Ooh Target Renegade, now you've got me loading it up in my 128k+1, awsome AWESOME game and best conversion,....even though the C64 version had the most incredible soundtrack :-)
Old 19 March 2017, 00:19   #6
Nobby_UK

Quote:
It was cheap(er) and the BASIC was nice.